Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
I was a passenger in Andy Grimwade's Mustang at the Chelmsford carnival one year, when Valerie Singleton was a float judge and the CDSRC joined in the procession.

When he spotted Valerie, he proceeded to show her what a real burnt out was, covering her and half the town in tyre smoke!!

So here's my cartoon of her from that day.

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
I recognise that style of cartoon............. Hi Phil.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I recognise that style of cartoon............. Hi Phil.
Thanks for that! Yes, it's true - I'm an ex - vanner! Still got an original NSVA membership form from 1976 that I did, along with photocopies of the 5 or 6 'Thrap' magazine covers I did around that time. Probably get round to posting them eventually.

Incidentally, apologies to those who couldn't see it, hope it's sorted now. My fault - accidentally image hosted it twice, then posted the URL and deleted the duplicated image, but was probably the wrong one!

Phil/Boogie Vans Mr. Rich & Famous (still waiting...)!

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Like these Phil ?????

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yes, those are the ones!!! My Thrap covers are a bit clearer, since they are direct copies of the original artwork. Don't suppose the Pheasant Plucker still has the originals?

That one shown was my little dig at Custom Car magazine, who were always very scathing about Vans and the NSVA at the time. Thought they might like a taste of their own medicine!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts