1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
My name is Martin
2,621 Posts
I don't know the facts, but is this the kid who was actually wrongly sold 2 single tickets rather than a return? He didn't actually do anything wrong other than be a bit cocky if I'm not mistaken, he was sold the wrong tickets and this wasn't his fault.

Yeah... nothing wrong at all in a complete random bloke who had nothing to do with the situation throwing the kid off the train and scuffing his face up. Nice

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I don't know the facts, but is this the kid who was actually wrongly sold 2 single tickets rather than a return? He didn't actually do anything wrong other than be a bit cocky if I'm not mistaken, he was sold the wrong tickets and this wasn't his fault.

Yeah... nothing wrong at all in a complete random bloke who had nothing to do with the situation throwing the kid off the train and scuffing his face up. Nice
It sounds like you are part of the problem.

Rog.

·
My name is Martin
2,621 Posts
Oh yeah, without knowing the facts... i'm the problem...

Thing is the press haven't really given out much info, I don't know the facts, who does??? So i'm sitting on the fence on this one.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Oh yeah, without knowing the facts... i'm the problem...

Thing is the press haven't really given out much info, I don't know the facts, who does??? So i'm sitting on the fence on this one.
With you on this one , the " conductor " should have radio'd ahead and let the railway police deal with it , "big man " chucking some poor student off train ! Without any evidence he'd done wrong , apart from use a swear word which apparently is now acceptable by law ??? Bet "BIG MAN " didn't get asked if he had a ticket !!!

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
It sounds like you are part of the problem.

Rog.
Steady on rog this is one little guy not a bunch of random hooligans ! He didn't get aggressive so why get aggressive with him ? The police would have sorted it at the next station , conductor was in the wrong stopping the train !

·
DarkSide Imaging
1,239 Posts
Gotta say after watching that, i have to agree it should have been sorted by the police. How would it
have been if it was your kid being chucked off the train in the middle of god knows where?. None of
us were cocky little shits at that age were we??.

Be interesting to see the outcome if he was sold the wrong ticket, he'll be in for a nice little pay out.

So the kid will get a nice lump sum, the conductor a good bollocking, the big guy charged with assault,
the trains timetable disrupted and all the passengers held up and for what, a few quid ??

·
Registered
502 Posts
I would think the ones closest to what was going on had the best understanding of the situation and as they clapped and applauded "Big Man" for his actions I'll go with them.

Yes, I was a cocky little sod at that age and got a smack in the mouth from a householder when I threw a bit of paper over his wall and then argued with him- guess what - I deserved it and accepted it.

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
This is the reason why we have a legal system in this country (Sometimes it makes mistakes, but it's better than having nothing)
The case will be investigated by the police, judged and tried by either a Magistrate (who is advised by legal experts) or, should the accused elect to and it is agreed, by a Jury.
Where the evidence will be presented in the cold light of day, and deliberated on.
Not in the heat of the moment, based on Youtube videos and personal predjucies.

This wasn't a 'Have-A-Go Hero' as the press like to brand them, this was a guy who was p*ssed off that his train was being delayed and decided that he would take the matter into his own hands and 'Sort It'.

The student had not started throwing punches and was not endangering anyone, It was a matter for the Guard and the transport police.
The guard, as has been said, should have radio'd for the police and left them to sort it.

God forbild we ever go down the route of 'Summary Justce', meted out be the baying voices of the public.

They used to do that in the 'Old West'...

"We're getting a possee together, who's in".

·
Banned
211 Posts
There has been alot more written about this - try the Mail on Line for a load of what has happened

Youth had funds on him but would not buy a ticket. He ended up taking a Taxi home.
He had also been drinking before he got on the train
The altercation had been going on a fair while before the video started
Youth was using agressive and foul language

I'm one who thinks the "big man" did the right thing

Time to stop pandering to the people who live "outside the law" He could not produce a ticket, he would not buy a ticket and he would not vacate the train - he has stepped outside of where te law should protect him.

But Rob I think you are right the kid will be paid out, conductor will lose his job, and "big man" will end up with a criminal record - sorry but that is bollocks

Ian

·
DarkSide Imaging
1,239 Posts
Yes, I was a cocky little sod at that age and got a smack in the mouth from a householder when I threw a bit of paper over his wall and then argued with him- guess what - I deserved it and accepted it.
Rightly or wrongly its a different world to that now and if todays legal system was
in place in those days you would have had that householder nailed to a cross.

It is bollock but everyone is walking around with video evidence capabilities in
their pockets and when it comes down to the cold, harsh court room the big guy
assaulted the kid. If the kid had been violent and had a go at the conductor i agree,
throw him under the wheels but he wasnt.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Rightly or wrongly its a different world to that now and if todays legal system was
in place in those days you would have had that householder nailed to a cross.

It is bollock but everyone is walking around with video evidence capabilities in
their pockets and when it comes down to the cold, harsh court room the big guy
assaulted the kid. If the kid had been violent and had a go at the conductor i agree,
throw him under the wheels but he wasnt.
I do agree with you, it is a different world now but surely a little bit of summary justice sorted out a lot more would be wrong'uns than all the softy, softy approach today.

There was a judicial system back in the day as well, it ain't a new thing but common sense prevailed...

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
There has been alot more written about this - try the Mail on Line for a load of what has happened

Youth had funds on him but would not buy a ticket. He ended up taking a Taxi home.
He had also been drinking before he got on the train
The altercation had been going on a fair while before the video started
Youth was using agressive and foul language

I'm one who thinks the "big man" did the right thing

Time to stop pandering to the people who live "outside the law" He could not produce a ticket, he would not buy a ticket and he would not vacate the train - he has stepped outside of where te law should protect him.

But Rob I think you are right the kid will be paid out, conductor will lose his job, and "big man" will end up with a criminal record - sorry but that is bollocks

Ian
So are we saying here that the 'refusal' to pay the ticket is breaking the law and so puts the guy 'Outside the protection of the law' and allows a bit of 'Summary Justice' from a member of the public'??

That's crazy..

There's been discussions on here about cyclists and their habbit of going through Red Lights.
That is breaking the law and, by this logic, it's perfectly ok to apply a bit of 'Summary Justice' and pull them off the bike to give them a bit of a lumping.

Or.... Someone does a burnout leaving a show, that is breaking the law based on 'Dangerous Driving', should we be lumping them as well???

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would love to rant on about the attitude of scum trying to get there own way and challenge authority whilst hiding behind their "rights" and getting the state to pay for it but why are we wasting more state funds in punishing the big fellow for standing up for those others in the carriage who had paid for their ticket, found his language offensive and did not like that he was challenging the authority of the ticket collector. Why should people put up with oiks like that!

If that was my son, I would have kicked him around the kitchen and made him go back and apologise.................

I think that it is pretty deplorable that good people are punished and that that oik will make a few quid!

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
One of the big problems with our modern society is that people think that they can get away with anything and that will be no consequences. The deterrents have all been eroded by the PC/health and Safety crowd who have all but ruined the Britain that I grew up in. The fact that some think he deserves a payout shows how far down hill we have slipped.
I think that the guy deserves the payout and that seeing the video may shock some into seeing that there may be consequences.

Rog.

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts

1 - 20 of 40 Posts