Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The fabled finks

Some pics of our newly formed skiffle/hillbillie band from (our 2nd) gig in the local boozer last night

,We perform classic hillbillie, blues, skiffle songs such as diggin' my potatoes, down by the riverside, railroad bill, gamblin man, goodnight irene, midnight special, jesse james, will the circle be unbroken, long lost john, putting on the style, when the sun goes down, plus a few more.
The idea is simply to have a good time, no big egos or boring musical self importance, a good time playing good upbeat foot tappin' music, with a few shootings thrown in too.
The band consists of myself-

(paul menear)- guitar/vox.
(andy keatley)- mandolin/vox.
('Big' ron thompson)- double bass/vox.
(ade ward)- fiddle/banjo/vox.

So ladies and gentlemen i present (pics of at least)-

THE FABLED FINKS

Cheers

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Cheers for that henrys revenge, and cheers to chris for recording them.

Anyone who knows woodie guthries 'this land is your land' will pretty soon realise from listening to our version last night, that my mind went blank when it came to singing the right words:shake:, ah well, we had a good time and by that time in the evening, i dont think anyone really noticed!!!!

Heres a few pics of us from last night (pics by ade wressell).

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok guys,
For anyone interested, our next gig,now with a snare drum player 'baden fitzmaurice' will be in bloxwich 'party in the park' this saturday 21st june, we will be playing on the council mobile stage, so, hopfully the weather will be on our side, hope to see people down there.
cheers

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok guys,
For anyone interested, our next gig,now with a snare drum player 'baden fitzmaurice' will be in bloxwich 'party in the park' this saturday 21st june, we will be playing on the council mobile stage, so, hopfully the weather will be on our side, hope to see people down there.
cheers
Sorry, better make that 28th :D:shake:

cheers

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Next up for us is bushwacked 2014 festival in burntwood this saturday (16th), this will be with a slightly different line up as 'big' ron is in the alps and ade is down south, we do have a stand in bass player in the form of russ fitzmaurice from other local band 'the lock in', so the line up will be as follows-

paul- guitar/vox.
andy-mandolin/vox.
russ-bass/vox.
baden-drums.

cheers

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
were at the redmore pub in burntwood on sunday,(24th), late afternoon/early evening, again ron is still hanging off the mountains in the alps, so we have russ on double bass, we are sharing the bill with other local band 'The lock in'
Again, as usual, please come along if you are at a loose end.
cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.