Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cars you forgot about………this was your Beauty Rog……

With That front Plate I'm 100% sure it is …. Florida Flash not to many people knows you as that..Do they….

Great Photo if I don't say so myself……….

Bob...:smoke:

Ps Info on the car..plsss

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
I remember that car -Aw,,,,,sorry Bob gorgious car

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Great photo (and my old caravan behind it), thanks Bob and what a coincidence, i've just bought a copy of Classic Car with it on the cover from late 1990.
The story is I was racing my old Nova and fancied an 'older' car as everyday transport so off I went to Florida, I found a '48 Pontiac at Raider's Relics in Orlando but I was only 99%. We carried on to St Pete and meet up with a friend who said if he had the money he would buy this Buick. I went to see it, did a deal, put some correct BFGoodrich wide whites and shipped it.
It was a 1953 Roadmaster Riviera, hydraulically operated windows and seats, self seeking radio and one owner from new (the old guy told me that there was 1953 air in unused spare tyre) The first year that Buick built a V8 and only in this model, it was used throughout the range in '54.
I remember taking it to the Nats at Great Leighs and there was a water fight in the back of it.
Rog.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Thanks Stew, it was a nice old Buick. Pattern on the dash???? It had the gold medalion with the picture of a 1903 Buick, it was the fiftyth anniversary car. I signed a contract that I would not divulge who I sold the Buick to but that was some years ago, lets just say it was a very large Americn company that recently declared bancrupcy. It was almost too good to use.
Rog.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Thanks Stew, it was a nice old Buick. Pattern on the dash???? It had the gold medalion with the picture of a 1903 Buick, it was the fiftyth anniversary car. I signed a contract that I would not divulge who I sold the Buick to but that was some years ago, lets just say it was a very large Americn company that recently declared bancrupcy. It was almost too good to use.
Rog.
In the financial sector Rog?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Nice looking car Rog ...wonder if the speculated buyer still has it or was it sold when they auctioned some cars from the Heritage Collection :beuj:

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
GM were reintroducing the name Roadmaster to thier middle east range and it was part of the advertising.
When I got the call I could not believe it, I thought windup and I thought Bob.
Rog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts