Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
Have heard a lot about the Hayride and quite fancied it - took a look at the site and it basically says no shiney wheels ! :shocked:
Is that right ?
If it is, then I guess that rules me out unless I change the rims :cry:

·
originals hrc
824 Posts
as it has been said before you can go an you can enjoy there is a showfield for the specific cars they want on the field if yours dont fit in you can park it by ya tent or caravan or chalet,
both my cars are allowed but i prefer to keep mine by my chalet!!! ya pay ya money ya takes ya chances
arron

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
You can arrive there in anything you like, it's just a question of whether you'll be allowed on the showfield. Loads of people go there in a daily driver.

Edit: must type faster!!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
theres a large car park at one end for cars that dont make the criteria,or dailys so you can go in what you want,cars that meet the criteria get a sticker that lets them in to the main area/show field, which i dont think your rod will get.

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
as it has been said before you can go an you can enjoy there is a showfield for the specific cars they want on the field if yours dont fit in you can park it by ya tent or caravan or chalet,
both my cars are allowed but i prefer to keep mine by my chalet!!! ya pay ya money ya takes ya chances
arron
I heard that youre not allowed to park by your tent/caravan? Is this he case.....or can I park next to my abode?

·
originals hrc
824 Posts
Chalets you can park outside/ it depends where ya camp if your down on the bottom rd our friends had there truck next to there caravan most weekend
Arron

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I park at the hotel i stay at! But i guess thats not really in keeping with the spirit of things eh?! Comfy bed and nice breakfast though! Great weekender mind, love the Hayride!x

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hotel!!!! Thats not playing the game! Mind you the amount of stuff we take just to camp (my better half doesn't like to ruff it) we could do with going in a transit :shake:

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Hotel!!!! Thats not playing the game! Mind you the amount of stuff we take just to camp (my better half doesn't like to ruff it) we could do with going in a transit :shake:
i agree, the hayride you need to be part of, not turning up in your daily and staing in a hotel down the road. we missed this year cos we had no rod on the road, and i said im not going again without one. the year before we turned up in the daily and felt like we were on the outside looking in! you need to be part of it to get the best from it:tup:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
i agree, the hayride you need to be part of, not turning up in your daily and staing in a hotel down the road. we missed this year cos we had no rod on the road, and i said im not going again without one. the year before we turned up in the daily and felt like we were on the outside looking in! you need to be part of it to get the best from it:tup:
never been but it sounds like a bit of an exclusive club more about who you know than what you know ,if your face(or car) dont fit your not welcome ?

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
never been but it sounds like a bit of an exclusive club more about who you know than what you know ,if your face(or car) dont fit your not welcome ?
It's a really good weekend. And everyone is made to feel welcome. That said, if you don't like rockabilly and period rods and customs, you're probably at the wrong place anyway.

Agree with Sqweaka that it's much better if you can go in a rod. Half the fun is tooling around the countryside looking for the drag racing.

Back to the original post about the 'right' wheels for the showfield, my understanding is that it's not how shiny your wheels are, it's whether they fit the pre '66 look. So you'll see chrome steels, Astro Supremes and whatnot. But not 20" Foose rims.

·
Why isn't it 1963?
539 Posts
Did you hear that? That's the sound of a nail being hit squarely on the head!
Paul
If it has to be explained ya best not to go!!! Either you get it or ya don't
Simples

1 - 20 of 163 Posts