Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

The most expensive signed poster ever!!

4K views 35 replies 25 participants last post by  King Herald 
#1 ·
Anyone else get caught out by the signed Jimmy Shine poster at the Supernats?? 25 quid - to late to say you didnt want it after he'd put my sons name on it - - - - another Hot Rod Rip Off :wanker:

#9 ·
car'nt comment on the poster but my wife and i meet him last year and i think he's a top bloke spent 20 or so minutes showing us round, signed lot's of autograph's for family and freind's, to be honest so,cal stayed open for us as we running late, dont think you can fault that:D

#14 ·
you all should have seen jimmys face when he found out what the fadsters t is capable of ......now that was priceless..

#15 ·
To be honest only spoke to him briefly but seemed like a real nice guy, i heard that the tv company wanted him to be a bit nasty on tv just for viewing figuers, ........and he was getting pissed with other rodders at the nats..........
......i got a few signed posters and stuff at the americar show a few years ago by paul lemat and he didnt charge me a single dime, ...........toad

#21 ·
There were Jimmy Shine promo postcards on the Comet stand grabbed a couple (free) and he signed one for me & one for my son had a brief chat with him seemed a good guy and was drinking and hanging out in the marquee on Friday night seemed approachable and had a look around the cars (all types) from his comments at the prizegiving.
Saw the posters and must admit nice poster but would hve walked away at £25.00 except they sold the last one just as I got there (phew)

#29 · (Edited)
I worked for So-cal for a while and was around Jimmy a lot, he even lent me he's tools, [ooo errr madam ] I broke one once tried to replace it and he wouldn't have any of it, I can't emphasise enough what a great bloke he is. The telly thing is all false
At all the shows we did together out there he never once charged for his signature, he'll sign any thing and I've witnessed most, I think what was bought was the poster not his Signature?

#30 ·
2) Amyone who charges £25 for a signed t-shirt is an arse

Sorry to say this but the argument is not about Jimmy Shine who charged nothing for his autograph all weekend whatever it was on as far as I know but the money was taken by Comet for the poster, the Muroc poster was £10.00, now possibly So Cal were involved in that but the money would have been paid to Comet not Jimmy Shine, when So Cal were at Knebworth really neat poster was signed for nothing

#31 ·
Just out of interest do the people who come over as guests, ie Jimmy , Pete Chapouris and all the others that have been over in the past, get paid to do so by nsra or is it all just a love of the hobby ?

£25 quid for a poster seems massively excessive to me signed or not !

#33 ·
Just out of interest do the people who come over as guests, ie Jimmy , Pete Chapouris and all the others that have been over in the past, get paid to do so by nsra or is it all just a love of the hobby ?

£25 quid for a poster seems massively excessive to me signed or not !
I Believe it cost 2 grand to get Shine over - flight(with Reidy as company?) hotels etc, must of had some pocket money - and what he made out of the POSTERS!!!! :sniff:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.