Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,196 Posts
That's interesting cos my Jaz fuel cell comes with -6 breather and -8 outlets, it's the one with the aero style cap that's part of the tank...
so did mine (also jaz) i used on my anglia now you mention it. i assume as air is thinner/less dense than petrol it can go through a smaller hole fast enough to keep up with the fuel flow going out of the bigger one. all the jaz ones were like it that rally design sell now i think about it.
neil.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
That's interesting cos my Jaz fuel cell comes with -6 breather and -8 outlets, it's the one with the aero style cap that's part of the tank...
Yes, I've seen a few of those 'sucked in'. Imagine the draw if you have two pumps sucking on those -8 outlets on full chat? Just because a manufacturer supplies it, it doesn't mean it's necessarily right.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
The Mu'Tang came with a pair of M/T valve covers. "Nice!" I hear you say.
Well, not particularly as they had been welded and cut, and then the previous incumbent resorted to rubber grommets and push in caps. Ugh!:puke:
So ground them flat and started to do some clever stuff. Here the 'breather' side already has a blank welded in to bring it down to size:

With the oil filler I wanted something better, but within my budget (of $0.00). Fortunately my trade (or to be more accurate the works rubbish bin) gives me access to a lot of damaged/second hose ends and fittings, so a damaged -20 AN male weld-on was precured and electric-glued in place:

And then a -20 AN hose end with a cut-down -10 AN fitting welded on gives me a cap and the take-off for the breather!

Mint!

I've also managed to find a set of relatively rare 1960's cylinder heads (C6AE) with Ferrera valves and a lovely port job. Just need the valve seats recut and they will be good to go. Valves are about as big as they can be without overlapping. Mine for $60 the pair! I love NZ....
I showed them to my friendly engine builder and he said he'd give me twice what I paid just for the valves. Pics when they are all cleaned up.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Splash & Dash.

A bit of (more) modern modification to the dash & fascia panels.

Faux woodgrain effect plastic. I'm sure it was a fantastic idea in the 70's emulating far more expensive and luxurious cars, but I want the 'Tang to be less Kojak and more 'Buck Rogers'

So out with the wet & dry, and after absolutely ages masking all of the black dial and vent returns I had this:

Which soon became this:

And when dropped on the newly de-beiged dash looks far more spunky:

There are one or two over-sprays, but these will be easily sorted once the paint is fully hard.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts