Rods 'n' Sods banner

201 - 220 of 2005 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Anybody got m4a to mp3 converting software ?, I only want to do 1 track and don't fancy spending $25 for the privilege .

It wasn't all jazz/funk and disco in my youth...

·
I`m Amish...and proud
87 Posts
I used to love this, and right around this time i had the bright idea to spend a fortune at "Anthony Price" on a suit. It was red. It was loud. Way too loud. However, the folly of youth told me it was great....right up til i overheard my Dad say to Mum "At least the soppy sod won't get run over...
YouTube - B52s Rock lobster
cheers greengrocer thats made my nite... all i need now is someone to find `Planet Claire` by the B52s

·
I`m Amish...and proud
87 Posts
cheers kev...i found it about 2 minutes ago but aint got a clue how to embed youtube files lol

`she came from planet claire, i know she came from there...she drove a plymouth satellite`...classic

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
The night before Diana Ross got nicked at 'eefrow, she was poking her heels through the seat of my '59 Electra convertible in the old sugar silo's in Silvertown!

TT - Back For Good which we wrangled with Milts '58, Neils Merc and that '48 Cad Sedanette from Mottingham...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Not jukebox but a relative topic

Anybody see the movie 'Cadillac Records' ? opinions?

·
Banned
482 Posts
Loving the Steel Pulse track Florida Phil, i was heavily into the reggae and ska in my teens and still have all my vinyl which i regularly listen too.

YouTube - Third World - Now That We Found Love - Disco Reggae 45rpm

YouTube - Black Uhuru - Guess whos coming to dinner

YouTube - Aswad-African Children

YouTube - ub-40 tyler
Motorama,

Glad you liked it.. Reggae was a huge part of my life also. When i went to school at Farraday in East Acton when i WAS 12-13, our Music Teacher (Mr Gibson) used to let us bring in our records and play them. As half the school was black, Reggae was big. Half my mates in the football team were black so we all had Trojan Records t shirts etc. Anyway, living this side of the planet now is great as i now get to Jamaica at least twice a year.(90 minutes to Montego Bay).......love it and the musicians on the beach love me as i can get them playing some old classics that the average tourist has no clue about.

So, here is a fave on mine from Richie Spice who is huge there now.

Now then....Kareoke and me don't really go together, but on the odd occasion where the Jack Daniels has taken over, this is my song. I bought this as a very young kid, its still here with me all these years later. Brings a tear to my eye as my old Grand dad loved this tune when I was a kid....

"Oooh, I like this one he'd say" Bless him.

The Lord Creator and the original Kingston Town. UB40 covered it and more lately that pratt Paris Hilton did a kind of cover.

201 - 220 of 2005 Posts