1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something I came up with.

1 Frozen oven chips, cook 'em
2 put them on a plate and sprinkle with mild cheddar
3 fry up some crispy bacon and break 'em up and add to the cheese.
4 finely chopped spring onion goes on next
5 Stick the whole shebang into the microwave for one minute to melt the cheese
You will NOT be dissappointed in Mikeyboys delicious snack !!

·
V8 addict
1,102 Posts
Make your own chips.

Cut a potatoe up, any kind will do - sweet potatoe are especially nice.
Place in a baking tray.
Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil
Make sure the oil is covering the chips
Bake in the oven @ 220 degrees for about 40 minutes and give 'em a shake about half way through.

:tup:

Given it's halloween coming up, i'd certainly be interested in hearing some pumpkin recipies! Something away from the usual pie or tartlet?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
sorry JC but pumpkins aint actually edible.
i mean technically you could eat one but whats the point?.
we used to eat them in this country back in the middle ages when it was a choice of pumpkin or turnip but in modern times they are only eaten in poor backwards third world countries like America etc.
why not wait a few days till bonfire night and have a traditional english meal of jacket spuds cooked in the embers of the bonfire and some nice bonfire toffee!.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
My dad has a pumpkin soup recipe and my mum has an awesome pumpkin cake recipe, plus the americans have pumpkin pie, so it's definitely edible.

Speaking of cakes, here's one that might interest someone. You cant taste the weetabix, but it's absolutely lovely.

Weetabix Cake

- 3 Weetabix (crumbled)
- 6oz Dried Mixed Fruit
- 8oz Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 7oz Self Raising flour

1. Place weetabix, sugar and fruit into a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour over ½ pint of milk, stir well and leave to stand for about 6 hours (or overnight)
3. Add the egg and flour and mix well. Turn into a greased tin and bake at Gas 4 (350F/180C) for 1-1½ hours. Serve cold

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Beans on Toast............

Put the bread in the toaster
Put the beans in a pan and heat
Put toasted bread on plate
Poor Beans on to Toast

There you have it Beans on Toast....:cool:

Its really very easy , even I can do it :incheek:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Poor Beans on to Toast

Wow! thanks for the tip!

·
Down but not out
3,024 Posts
put some good ham and grated cheese and a squirt of ketchup in a tortilla (or whatever you call them round flat things) fold em up stick in the microwave long enough to melt the cheese scrummy aint the word...

·
Ian
535 Posts
sorry JC but pumpkins aint actually edible.
i mean technically you could eat one but whats the point?.
we used to eat them in this country back in the middle ages when it was a choice of pumpkin or turnip but in modern times they are only eaten in poor backwards third world countries like America etc.
why not wait a few days till bonfire night and have a traditional english meal of jacket spuds cooked in the embers of the bonfire and some nice bonfire toffee!.
Heathen! Try Pumpkin ravioli (to die for)BBC - Food - Recipes : Pumpkin ravioli with sage butter , Pumpkin Risotto or Pumpkin Soup.The problem is the orange pumpkins have no flavour so you need to find a green/grey one which are the best for eating
Spike

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Local chippy and ask for Mohammad.......

Order Mix kebeb in a naan, cone of chips and a portion of chicken pakora.....

Locate £6.50 and hand over......

Wait ten minutes......

Select salad and dressing, not too much of either as Naan bread will go soggy......

Get home and cut rolled up kebeb in half whilst in paper, helps keep kebab in one piece ( save the other half for later)......

Add a jar of jalapinos as no way Mohammed added enough chilli sauce......

Eat within 5-8 mins.....

After spending 2 hours in the garage staring at work you should be doing move to walm area watching recorded American Hot rod. Eat the reamining half and wish you bought a larger one, add chocky hobnobs as required......

Fall asleep and wake up at 4am due to the stench coming from your jeans, telly too loud and eat the bit of shammi kebab that rolled in between the cushion......

Stick the clean T-Shirt in to soak overnight due to chill sauce drips on said T-Shirt......

6 hours later wake up to a ring on fire. Wonder why you really had to add the extra jalapeno's to the already stinking hot sauce.....

Place toilet paper in the fridge, use and repeat pretty much all day.....

Repeat very Friday night as it's your treat night and you've worked really hard.....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good to see some chefs on here! My wifes Enchiladas are to die for. Marrying a Mexican was a good idea,now I know how to make the best salsa and dont get me started on the Carne Asada !

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
take one wife
tell her to go to kitchen and cook some food
wait tills she calls you that food is ready
eat food
burp loud, get up and go back to workshop

·
Registered
533 Posts
Tried doing the beans on toast. The bread bag melted in the toaster and the bean tin marked the pan. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Proper post now.

Chorizo Rice
1) remove rice from packet and put in pan of simmering water for 10-12 minutes until cooked
2) drain rice in sieve and return to pan
3) add plenty of light soy sauce and chopped Chorizo (decent stuff chopped up from a sausage not the cheap ready sliced stuff) and return to the heat.
4) keep stirring for a couple of minutes.

Job done. Nice as a snack, side dish and tastes just as nice cold at rod runs.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
soggy toast yuk
toast seperate
excellent

Poor Beans on to Toast

·
Registered
33 Posts
I could put my secret "4 star, happy trails, rootin' tootin', stool shooting, ass acid chilli" (named by friends and family, not me :D) recipe on here....but then I'd have to kill ya :sniper:

Joking lol

There is no fixed recipe.

NOTICE: MAKE AND EAT THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DO NOT EVER EAT THIS ON AN EVENING WHEN YOU HAVE WORK THE NEXT DAY...NOT RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 20

HUGE pot
Lots of meat (Chopped or minced beef) or vegetables if you go that way
Lots of beans (tinned kidney and baked beans)
Tinned chopped tomatoes (best to blitz before)
Enormous amounts of any (hot) spice you can get your hands on (chilli power, a bit of curry...yes CURRY powder etc)
Loads of chilli peppers include the dreaded Naga (upto 3 or more...if you dare)
A packet of dried chillis flakes
Your own selection of herbs for 'healthiness' and flavouring.
Leave for 48-72hrs to mature (it should be a very dark reddish-brown)
Reheat and serve
Allow easy access to toilet & MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH.

How much of each I'll let you decide....this is a "trial and error" recipe

I will not be held responsible for your actions or the actions/consequences caused after the consumption of this recipe (if done correctly) :D

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
excellent recipe rumsmoker!
the dorset naga is my weapon of choice also.
your tip of cooking and leaving to mature for a day or two first to enhance the flavour is spot on but i find it can take a slight edge off the nagas.
what i do is cook with the chillis + nagas etc as you do then add 2 EXTRA finely chopped nagas just before reheating.
only for the brave LOL.

i also have some fire foods infinity sauce and some daves ghost pepper sauce that i use for livening up bland dishes but they are stupid hot and do not get added to my chilli as thats justy a step too far.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts