Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FORD POPULAR - RESTORATION PROJECT | Chelmsford | Gumtree

went and viewed this today, after reading the description stating the body was in food condition. it might have been 30 years ago! totally rotten, a pillars, boot floor, door sills, around the windows etc etc. engine and gearbox was left in the mud next to the car, for atleast 5 years id say. gutted tbh was hoping this was the one, had recovery on standby for it too, ah well on to the next one!

just a heads up incase anyone else spotted it, the description is misleading to say the least!

1,423 Posts
FORD POPULAR - RESTORATION PROJECT | Chelmsford | Gumtree

went and viewed this today, after reading the description stating the body was in food condition. it might have been 30 years ago! totally rotten, a pillars, boot floor, door sills, around the windows etc etc. engine and gearbox was left in the mud next to the car, for atleast 5 years id say. gutted tbh was hoping this was the one, had recovery on standby for it too, ah well on to the next one!

just a heads up incase anyone else spotted it, the description is misleading to say the least!
"food condition" ,explains why it was eaten away perhaps :lol:

And yes i know,i wasn't being pedantic,you must have caught the 'f' on the keyboard next to the 'g',i just wanted to do the gag :)

People do restore or rod worse than that,but like you i would expect better for that kind of money,keep your money in your pocket until a better shell comes along,you are doing the right thing by waiting,in my opinion ,time lost now will be saved later with a better shell :tup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn these fat fingers!

if you had seen the roof Lee, you wouldnt want it mate. its a shame i really did want to save it, id have given it a go with a welder but im no fabricator of steel, and to get those detailed edges done right around the windows, id need to be a good one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.