Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

There's some Good People within our Community ...

If You want to say "THANKS" - here is the place...

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Recently (for various reasons ...)

LIAM = Torment

John = JBChevy

Paul = Paul67

Gerry = fad15

TOP Fellas ... "Thank You" :tup:

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It could be that someone has offered help / advice ... or a part for your car (thanks, Paul67 !) or something more...

I would like to tell You all about someone in our 'Community' who recently saved me from a bucket of Stress
(which I avoid at all costs) - and went 'above & beyond the call of Duty' to help someone (her & me) in need.

After buying miself a Pickup for knocking about in , on the journey home I found miself on the M1 hard shoulder.
'Recovery' was just the minimum - meaning we were to be removed off the Mway to a Garage chosen by the
AA, - or one close by... Sat waiting (for an hour) I realised we were 8 miles from Nottingham. A light comes on in
my head .... hmmm - I know someone here ... he'll know a 'tame' Garage for safe storage & reasonable cost ...

"No problem... bring it 'round to my house..."says he. When we get there (gave the Recovery Guy a good drink)
not only is there (secure) space made on the drive, but (under the impression Sandra & I were in just 1 vehicle)
the spare bed is made up & overnight accommodation offered ! In the event, we all went out for a meal & beer
and we drove home ... fully expecting to either arrange recovery home - or pay a local Garage for the repair...
(Now identified as a buggered UJ on rear of Propshaft)

Wrong ! THE NEXT MORNING, I get the call .... "Prop's off - Part is ordered, collect it after the weekend ..."

I ask You... The relief of having somewhere safe to leave the Pickup, a friendly face (2 actually, thanks Tamar),
the help given to someone who is (by his own admission) no mechanic (me) - and to just collect, all done ...?

And he washed it too ! BRILLIANT. Thank You VERY much... LIAM ('TORMENT') = TOP BLOKE !! :rule:

Hot Rodders / The Drag Racing Community etc. are good people to know ...

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
when you get to know him as well as I do youll realise hes a twat... :rofl:

Sid.

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Thanks to all the people that have helped me out with relaying parts and good advise through the years, on here and elsewhere.

as you say the Hotrod community is a great thing to be a part of..

Too many to list but you know who you are.. :tup:

Sid.

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Martin = martin01

Not only replacing a broken part for the Pickup I bought from him, -
but also a 50% contribution towards out of pocket costs re breakdown ...

Another 'proper chap' - THANKS, Martin.

"Share the Love, people...." ;)

·
richard rawlplug
8,122 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BIG THANKS to Sid (Brit Digger) - kind enough to pick up some Wheels & take 'em to Bakewell for me.

Cheers, Mate - see You Monday...

:tup:

·
Registered
773 Posts
A BIG Thanks to all the people who have giving me advise,replied to my posts,bought parts from me ,sold parts to me .
The scene wont be the same with out Rods and Sods Thanks again Andy

·
Full Bloody Rebel!
3,426 Posts
Thanks to Fad15 for machining up a little part for me at no cost, even postage!! Mate I owe you a beer or two!! Thank you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
A huge thanks to all the folks out there who put time and effort into making things happen - often with no thanks. Thinking specifically at the moment of all those guys and gals who made wheels day happen year on year - which has probably been a thankless task - especially this year . Well done you all - if only lots more of us had your get up and go. Thank you - but let's not forget all the other volunteers who make the shows, the cruises etc happen right down to the small show at the village hall/ school field - thank you. Just think if there was no 'shows' there'd be no photo albums on Flickr etc to look at. Thank you

·
Chuckinmuck since 1966
1,125 Posts
:yeahthat:
A huge thanks to all the folks out there who put time and effort into making things happen - often with no thanks. Thinking specifically at the moment of all those guys and gals who made wheels day happen year on year - which has probably been a thankless task - especially this year . Well done you all - if only lots more of us had your get up and go. Thank you - but let's not forget all the other volunteers who make the shows, the cruises etc happen right down to the small show at the village hall/ school field - thank you. Just think if there was no 'shows' there'd be no photo albums on Flickr etc to look at. Thank you
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Big thanks to Milton and Stew for that incredible night they gave us a few years back. I will not forget what they did.

·
Registered
803 Posts
What a great idea for a thread!

I would like to say 'thank you' to two Rods & Sods members, Andy 'Motorama' and Ian 'Mach1 dude' for their help and thoughtfulness. Thanks to them I've been able to buy back my much missed Black '64 Galaxie that I foolishly sold back in 2001.

This all came about following my 'Kingston 'Cudas' thread in the History Archive on here. Andy, who had bought the 'Cuda from me replied and mentioned my next car, the '64 Galaxie. I replied that I'd been looking for another one, without success.

Shortly afterwards I received a pm from Ian telling me that his mate Alan had a Black '64 that sounded a bit like mine, was thinking of selling, and here's the phone number. Later that day the call was made and I discovered it was indeed my old car. I couldn't believe my luck!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, myself and wife Karen completed the buy back of the Galaxie over the Easter weekend and we're absolutely delighted to have it back. Not only that but thanks to lots of tlc by Alan the car is in better shape than when I sold it thirteen years ago, with a freshly rebuilt 390 motor amongst many improvements. Result or what!!!

Here's a couple of pics...

Phil

Galaxie on the M6, late 1990s.

And an almost identical shot, homeward bound on the M6 last Easter!

·
Registered
803 Posts
great looking car i can see why you want it back RAY A in sf
Thanks for that, Ray. Yeah, it's one of those cars that has what I call 'The Look'. Sleek, Wicked an' Sexy. The Black paint has a lot to do with it. It's the kind of car that when you park up and walk away you have to turn around and stare at it again...

Give my regards to SF, been there a few times. You ever seen Tommy Castro, a great SF Blues man? I'm a big fan...

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
There are too many people on here I'd like to thank.....and my typing is way too slow to list them.

Special thanks goes to Sid for all his suport and ecouragment :incheek: Twat

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)

Thanks
today to Stuart ( uNohurtMe / Green Pop ) for getting back to me promptly with Paint info (the '55 is in the booth as we speak !) ...

and Mark ( blackpopracing ) re Contact number ...

Cheers, both ! :tup:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts