Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tri Chevy Clubs Classic Journal.No.20

I think I printed up about 150 of No,20 well photocopied but of course they were all in black and white.
So this is the first time any one has seen it in full Colour
It sounds easy doesn't it four sheets of A4 paper printed on both side to make one Journal, but to make up
150 copies you end up with 600 sheets of paper which all had to be folded etc, then put into envelopes and
the address written on then off to the post office. I can tell you took ages

This copy covers the 1981 NASC Nationals in the grounds of Knedwroth were we held our yearly awards and
on the 1st, page you can see whom the winners were

Also on that page you can read how much the club shirts sold for and the price to post
then, only 14p post and packaging what a deal a lol,

The write-ups were done by the owners but I can tell you it took me for very on the phone
to them just to get them to send me some info on their cars……Yes you Bry,…(Bigjob)

On the back pages you can see how much parts and cars would have cost you back then, in fact you could
have brought a 55 trunk a 57 Sport coupe a 57 four door a 57 sports with out a engine and a 55 Sedan delivery all for…………£8450

Joe Crabtree in his 56 was top man that year and you can see what he won on page two.

On the last / back page was a Ad from Marshall Dickson Racing (Tony Dickson RIP)
And this was the only place he advertised and one of the
only places you could buy Tri-Chevy parts from…..How times have changed
By the way he's shop then was in a bedroom in he's Mum house

Don't know what happen to the cover photo but what the hell

Ok enjoy

Bob….:smoke:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Thanks for posting that Bob,and thanks for all the great work you did for us all back in the day,And without sounding like a long playing record,thank f*uk for this site ! <bry

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Here is the cover with the picture,not colour though. Look whose on it Colin. I am sure they where not all his trophys though.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
As its Colin look on your bed side table Bob :incheek: I remember Charles Pinion told me he drove Joes 56 a fair way across America before he shipped to England. He said he had to put studded tyres on it at one point. I had them in my garage for yonks nobody wanted them.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Great post Bob , the picture of Colins '56 has my '57 in the back ground ironic as I sold the '57 to Karl Jackson and bought the '56 from Colin also your advert for the sedan delivery I bought. :tup:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Have you any more with colour pictures Bob. We did have one colour CJ in 1991. Only the cover and centre spread though.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Top thread,Sir Bob.I dont think anyone realized at the time,just how much effort went into producing the CJ..
..Had to smile at Joe Crabtree's remark 'bout not getting down to many Southern runs,as the big block was a bit thirsty!...and that's with gas at 1980/81 prices!!:shock:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
HAHA Nice work Bob , seeing "drit box" again made me laugh :happy: , I wish you'd have blanked out the phone numbers tho' , I've had 6 calls this morning after my spt cpe :incheek:

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHA Nice work Bob , seeing "drit box" again made me laugh :happy: , I wish you'd have blanked out the phone numbers tho' , I've had 6 calls this morning after my spt cpe :incheek:
I was going to change the "Drit bit ...but [email protected] it,...:finger:

All those cars Ron for £8000....:shake:

Bob....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts