Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Loxley Lozenge
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whilst waiting for bits for my rod, I'm tackling a sod. We'll, it's a rolling resto on my tranny really.
Now, to the point 馃憠. Filling up a cavity with a screwed up copy of The Sun is definitely not the right way to go about a repair.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

The numpty even got stuck on the crossword :oops:
Wood Style Font Material property Pattern

Everybody knows that you should use glossy mags because they don't hold as much water 馃槅馃槅馃槅

Actually, in the absence of a glossy mag, I resorted to getting a proper repair panel, and having offered it up, it is a great fit too. Happy days馃榾馃榾馃榾
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Hood Blue

Premium Member
inner and outer, that's flash! most get the outer and some expanding foam in the gap behind, lol.
neil.

Premium Member
you know its a transit when you see 2 grinders on the job
i have 4 grinders so i don't have to keep changing wheels. 1- grinding, 1- cutting, 3- flapwheel and 4- twist knot wire wheel. you really save time when the job means cut a bit, grind a bit, cut a bit etc etc. and they're just the 4 1/2" ones, i have 2 9" for cutting metal and a a diamond wheel for stone/blocks etc. plus a 12" chop saw of course. you can never have too many power toys.
neil.

Welding Guru
i have 4 grinders so i don't have to keep changing wheels. 1- grinding, 1- cutting, 3- flapwheel and 4- twist knot wire wheel. you really save time when the job means cut a bit, grind a bit, cut a bit etc etc. and they're just the 4 1/2" ones, i have 2 9" for cutting metal and a a diamond wheel for stone/blocks etc. plus a 12" chop saw of course. you can never have too many power toys.
neil.
I have stopped buying tools and equipment and actually started selling off some bits that i have not used in 2 years or have multiples of (lathes, mandrel benders, tube notchers, anvils (had 6) guillotines (had 3)) always make sure when i let stuff go that is ends up in the hands that can use it and for the right price.

Had a transit like this a few years back and it was an exercise in panel repair and welding, sold it to a local lad and see it around still

1 - 7 of 7 Posts