Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw Thin Lizzy at the Dome in Brighton last night WOW what a night.
Front man Ricky Warwick has nailed the Thin Lizzy sound, as close as you will ever get to Phill Lynott. Brian Downey's drum solo was amazing. Scott Gorham on guitar brilliant.
High light of the night has to be when they brought Gary Moore's son out on stage to play with the band, boy can he play a guitar.
If anyone is going to see then in Guildford you are in for a great night.

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
good to hear they sounded great,shouldn`t they change there name to either thin or lizzy:incheek:

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Hi Fordson, yes sadly only the once 1994 Earls Court (not the seating collapse gig) amazing band :smoke:
saw them in the earls court when I was a kid of 14 and in rio de janiero as well,gilmour was totally mind blowing,was he the greatest guitarist ever or jeff beck or maybe gary moore?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Hell thats a difficult question.

I love the Gilmore sound, Gary Moore for speed but Jeff Beck is so underrated he is and always was so much better than Hendrick/Clapton/Page but they had all the glory.

Jeff Beck's playing is quite moving, loads on you tube but hell watch him play the Beach Boy's surfs up brilliant and even somewhere over the rainbow....man I could cry watching that guy play!

·
Banned
4,329 Posts
Hell thats a difficult question.

I love the Gilmore sound, Gary Moore for speed but Jeff Beck is so underrated he is and always was so much better than Hendrick/Clapton/Page but they had all the glory.

Jeff Beck's playing is quite moving, loads on you tube but hell watch him play the Beach Boy's surfs up brilliant and even somewhere over the rainbow....man I could cry watching that guy play!
I hung out with gary moore in the late seventies when I did few shows as a roadie,he said jeff was the most experimental but he was the greatest,although he said it tongue in cheek!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Saw thin lizzy sunday night in sheffield thought they were brilliant, yes Ricky Warwick has really nailed the sound a brill evening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts