Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. On a train today out of Waterloo East. Saw this in a yard. It's not hidden from the road so I guess it's known about. I got off and went back to do the train journey again. Pic 1 is what I got from the train. Pic 2 is from google earth. Pics 3, 4 and 5 are from google street view.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Hemi Bucket and every one else who replied. My partner (Sharon) told me about this Caddy a year ago but I never saw it until yesterday. I told her I would put a picture on to rodsnsods and some one would know all about it. I might go and wake her up right now and tell her. She might give me a two word answer. The first word beginning in F and the second word ending in F. Thanks for the info. Ken.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Hey Al, tell us the story about Henry from a train that you and Keith told me -Scary !,bry

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I remember back in the mid 70's I often used to go to London on the train , just outside of London on the Bournemouth line there was a scrapyard that had a Mk1 Cortina perched up on top of a really tall brick chimney .

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things you dont see from a train.

Hello. This is not a million miles away from the last one but is visible from the road so once again it will be known about and I'm sure theres lots out there who haven't seen it. So who knows why it was made. (I dont by the way). Ken.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello. Well it's been ten days now and no ones come up with what this model was built for. Have I at last posted a picture of some thing that no one has seen before.

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Hello. Well it's been ten days now and no ones come up with what this model was built for. Have I at last posted a picture of some thing that no one has seen before.
Hey Ken as you travel from Lewisham up Lewisham way heading towards Newcross but before you get to the Lewisham college on the right is a Reclaim yard (secondhand stuff) and think that the models actually came from the college

Would i be correct ?? lol

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Vince. I dont know where or why this model was built. I guess the collage could have made it for some reason. Maybe a prop for a drama production. I guess I could go there and ask the guy where he got it from. The worst that could happen is he could kill me have me stuffed and I could end up in the back seat of the caddy model. Ken.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
ive spotted a j40 pedal car near southfields on the district line and a load of old volvos near putney just up the line abit near the river(putney bridge road)
oh and all the council houses have trampolines!!!!!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Hey Ken as you travel from Lewisham up Lewisham way heading towards Newcross but before you get to the Lewisham college on the right is a Reclaim yard (secondhand stuff) and think that the models actually came from the college

Would i be correct ?? lol
Bottom of Tyrwhitt road??, thats the old railway station, [not St Johns] I think it used to be a Scout hut too, and a florist as well

1 - 15 of 15 Posts