Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What on earth is going on with this site? I try use the app and it freezes, I've removed it and downloaded it again no change. If I try logging on through Safari I get sent to William Hill web site after a couple of minutes. Doing my brain in

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
What on earth is going on with this site? I try use the app and it freezes, I've removed it and downloaded it again no change. If I try logging on through Safari I get sent to William Hill web site after a couple of minutes. Doing my brain in
Yup. Me too.

Maybe a virus or some shit???

Makes me shit down on phone and go to other sites.

Management...... Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I don't use the app and the site is working fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Bloody site is driving me mad lately , loads of random redirecting to all sorts of rubbish sites :grr:

·
Administrator
14,116 Posts
Just a quick note that we are aware of the iOS 7.1 issues and the crashes with the AutoGuide Free and Paid apps on iOS devices (iPhone/iPad). We have a fix ready and are waiting for the Apple store to release the updated versions, which unfortunately takes Apple 3-5 days each time we submit builds, and there is no option to speed it up in the interface. They manually check every app uploaded.
thanks
darren

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
bit optimistic, I would have thought they would have gone for 1/100 . Maybe give 5/4 on it being fixed in a few weeks
Judging by previous similar problems I think a few weeks is extremely optimistic, the problem seems to be outside the control of AG and the advert provider (google?) won't be in any real hurry to fix something that is getting in this case William Hill a lot of exposure, it's interesting that these adverts are targeting iphone/pad users is that because they are perceived as being more affluent than the rest of us or is it due to a vulnerability in the OS that is being exploited :incheek:

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
are targeting iphone/pad users is that because they are perceived as being more affluent than the rest of us or is it due to a vulnerability in the OS that is being exploited :incheek:
Just love it dont you?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
As it seems to be a struggle for the tech team (sic) to sort this I have researched it myself and found there is a way to stop it on an iPhone:

Open Settings > Safari > JavaScript = off

No more William Hill popups and an added bonus is the site runs faster as its not loading up endless adverts and spam.

·
Nowheresville
3,049 Posts
As it seems to be a struggle for the tech team (sic) to sort this I have researched it myself and found there is a way to stop it on an iPhone:

No more William Hill popups and an added bonus is the site runs faster as its not loading up endless adverts and spam.
Or just use a computer. Phones and pads are over-rated.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts

If I do that how will I buy a Fiat, place a bet or contact the 50 women in my area looking for love ?

·
Registered
919 Posts
Never had any problems with my iPad ? But then again I'm crap with all things computer based anyway ? Must be coz I'm brainey and rich ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts