Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this depressing sight on Flickr (apologies to the person who took the pic). Kev Reilander's Sweet & Sour Pontiac Lowrider.

I loved this car when it was on the scene so I was none too happy to see it so neglected by a so-called "museum". This photo shows it covered in a thick layer of dust and bird poo, plus various knocks and scratches. :tdown:
Last photo I have of it the bonnet fitted properly too...:(

·
Registered
131 Posts
What the hell have they done to it?

:shake:

Which "museum" is this? If anything they should sell me the hydros i remember this car well

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
what a disgusting waste of a class car, i adoured this aswell the minute i saw it in the mag's, if this is how the so called london museum keep the cars, they deserve shooting.:grr:
somebody save this now & give it the love it deserves..... if i had the cash i would buy it in an instant. :sniff:

·
richard rawlplug
8,115 Posts
shame that car is sweet,remember it well..

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, that's the place.
Never been there myself but if that's how they look after their exhibits I don't think I'll bother.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Yep, that's the place.
Never been there myself but if that's how they look after their exhibits I don't think I'll bother.
me niether mate, only to take the pontiac home with me (i wish).

·
Registered
131 Posts
the london museum eh?

isn't that the one that offered to "look after peoples car as an exhibit during the winter months" in an ad I saw once??

if it it they don't do a very good bloody job

·
Registered
616 Posts
That is a crying shame. What a waste of what was a very authentic and inspirational lowrider.
Think the problem is the kind of money they want for it. A bit 'strong' to say the least.

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
the london museum eh?

isn't that the one that offered to "look after peoples car as an exhibit during the winter months" in an ad I saw once??

if it it they don't do a very good bloody job
And charge you a large amount for the privilege.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That is a crying shame. What a waste of what was a very authentic and inspirational lowrider.
Think the problem is the kind of money they want for it. A bit 'strong' to say the least.
go on, how much do they want for this (concours prize winning machine) dirty unloved stuck in a corner poncho?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,093 Posts
I believe it's been pushed to the back as it had some form of electical 'fire' and so became unsusable / unsaleable.

·
Registered
616 Posts
go on, how much do they want for this (concours prize winning machine) dirty unloved stuck in a corner pocho?
I can't remember the exact price it was up for as it was a while ago.
I seem remember seeing it in the back of custom car for sale for around 10k, by the time the 'museum' had bought it and put it up for sale i'm pretty sure it was for in excess of 20k.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I believe it's been pushed to the back as it had some form of electical 'fire' and so became unsusable / unsaleable.
surely a this cant be classed as unsaleable?
i would buy it! regardless of electrical fire/fault's, its a fucking waste.

·
Care in the Community
2,757 Posts
That's sad to see. That's probably the best car the museum have got, most of their other exhibits are complete piles of shit.
:tdown:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I can't remember the exact price it was up for as it was a while ago.
I seem remember seeing it in the back of custom car for sale for around 10k, by the time the 'museum' had bought it and put it up for sale i'm pretty sure it was for in excess of 20k.
well it sure aint now!!:shake:
fucking waste :tdown:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,093 Posts
I was told it had some paint damage as a result, as it's not showing in the photos I'm guessing it's the trunk.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I was told it had some paint damage as a result, as it's not showing in the photos I'm guessing it's the trunk.
awkward but repairable, it was built down near you waas'nt it? southsea seems to ring a bell with me?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,093 Posts
Kev is a good mate, we've been pals for probably 35 years :tup: The car was built in a lock up less than a couple of hundre yards from where I used to live in Portsmouth and Kev also painted the Watson style scallops job on my last Kapri.

I watched it being painted and trust me, it would be extremely difficult to recreate /match and prohibitely expensive if it could . Me and Kev put 350 hours into my scallop job, Kevs was probably 4 times that long and with so many different paint effects and layers of different trick paints I doubt even Kev could remember what he did now.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Kev is a good mate, we've been pals for probably 35 years :tup: The car was built in a lock up less than a couple of hundre yards from where I used to live in Portsmouth and Kev also painted the Watson style scallops job on my last Kapri.

I watched it being painted and trust me, it would be extremely difficult to recreate /match and prohibitely expensive if it could . Me and Kev put 350 hours into my scallop job, Kevs was probably 4 times that long and with so many different paint effects and layers of different trick paints I doubt even Kev could remember what he did now.
i hope he has'nt seen the pics then:!:
yeah but unusually i'm an optomist with this car,& if i could buy it & save it,
i would, even if i couldnt do an exact paint match, close enough would be good enough, this car deserves to be used.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts