Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm let me see !!! ...... nah I don’t like it

I gave practically my life 24hrs a day to Rods n sods and once it was sold I didn’t even get a thanks for your help from what I can remember

yet rumours of the others getting something from it gutted me massively and maybe my allegiance to them and the owner builder of the site was my downfall even The name of the site took its ques from my car “Bitz N Pieces” to help with the site was a huge honour in itself yet to be told that I was taken for a mug ..... well I’m sure many knows how that feels

I’ve tried numerous times to come back but In all fairness this place and the people changed ....... so did my life in many ways

I know shit loads of people go through the same shit I did every day and just cope but for others the change can be too much to bare

maybe like my life it’s something that’ll take time to get used too ..... but once the trust of others has gone it can’t be reformed

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
You having a bad day vince.

Forum must of been sold maybe siix or seven years back.around the time Facebook groups started to take off.

This place ,like all forums that are corporate owned,will never go back to how they are when the owner is in charge.

Its only about money now.they will have no interest in content.im not even sure how they make money out of the site

·
My name is Martin
2,615 Posts
Alright Vince. There's always a turnover of people on forums, but oddly enough in this thread so far, all of us have been here 11-12 years and stuck it out.

·
Premium Member
14,421 Posts
Alright Vince. There's always a turnover of people on forums, but oddly enough in this thread so far, all of us have been here 11-12 years and stuck it out.
good point (y)

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
I can relate to this thread 100%. During my previous tenure as chairman of CCCUK I 'pushed' our committee and members heavily to agree to replace our then current website and forum. It had been also been running for 12 years or so and was 'creaking badly at the seams'. It was literally built-up in our webmasters garden shed. While inexpensive to run it was heading rapidly towards a major breakdown with regular 'outages' and the threat of imminent unavailabilty of vital components. We were also seeing some of our members drifting over to Facebook etc.
Can't really say it went down too well with many members at first who didn't like the new format (even thought it was far easier to use and post images etc.) Looking at statistics and really only 15% of club members ever used the 'old' website and forum and the 'new' one saw minimal usage for the first 18 months or so. It's only since people have had more time due to the Covid situation occurring that we have seen more 'traffic' on a regular basis on the 'new' website and forum - and it is only newer members. The 85% or so of members NOT using the forum earlier are still NOT using it (and never will use ANY forum for that matter). And yes there is still a percentage of members (along with non-members) who use FB.......but it (like many of the users) is very 'shallow' ........ like any club related matter its all a thankless task and all too easy to consume ones-self with the angst of it all it you don't let it go over your head :eek: :unsure: :oops:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Id imagine going by the post vince is a little stressed.

Not all health issues are visable
yeh I get that, but as there was no mention to i'm stressed and is more about not being happy about what was done to the site, I wondered.

·
Premium Member
14,421 Posts
yeh I get that, but as there was no mention to i'm stressed and is more about not being happy about what was done to the site, I wondered.
you couldn't read between the lines?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts