Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

We arrived a bit late to this show near Sheffield. Weather wasn't so good which was a shame as it was a cracking show last year. I was ready to spend lots of money on Ford junk but the traders were lacking. :sniff:

We just took a few photos which may be of interest to some.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Turn out was better than last year,but what ruined it for many both car & bike owners was the arena area eg the judges/judging and the guy on the mike,in the past the mike guy used to chat to car & bike owners and get info on said vehicles,this guy didnt do this,nore did he have a clue about the cars or bikes,this put many off going into the arena area,as for the judges/judging,we in the 1950s era section drove in,and not one judge came near any of us,i asked one judge about the swamp cooler & nu-vue units on my 56 Pontiac Catalina,his reply was "i dont know about that stuff,or about American cars" and ive found out that the winner of our section the 59 Caddy,was pre decided before we lined up,the same went for other car & bike judging,greta show except the above.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
that show is only a transport show, so i wouldnt get to upset as american stuff will often get overlooked against english type classic cars, seen a lot of shit win its class in previous years, you need good yank shows with guys that know there stuff, then you know where you stand,, thoresby can be a cracking lil show though, often gets a few dozen yanks and rods there, judging can be a bit hit and miss,if your face fits ,type of thing, seen that aswell in the past

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
the Viceroy were a rare car back in the day must be rare as hens teeth today. .I think they only made them for 2 years. I remember my mates dad having a black Viceroy with tan interior ,he had trouble getting parts for it in the late 80`s early 90`s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts