Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sorry, I may have missed something but...

When i view the Parts for Sale forum the threads seem to be listed in the wrong order whatever I choose.
Sure it's something i'm doing wrong - please let me know what it is though coz it's driving me round the twist!!

Basically the order is up the creek for me.
I keep trying to view with 'thread with the last post' at the topm but I continiually get "new stamford speedshop 160" CDS slingshot chassis" as my top thread.

Basically means I can't drop in occasionaly to check for what's for sale without looking through pages and pages.

I don't get on here as often as i'd like and do spend more time on the for sale area - but in my defence i need an ebgine! ;-)

There seems to be no order?

CHeers :D

PS Anyone got a y-block motor kicking about they wanna sell?? ;-)

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
yeah,its feckin awful now isn't it!
i agree, and voted so.
However did you manage when it was just eBay or online shops or any form of printed media ? You know, when things were printed in the order they were listed :incheek:

Realistically, and thinking about it would be appreciated, what's the best order to list things ? In a state where it's a set format (i.e. progresses down the list when new stuff is added, newest always being at the top, maybe catch the bargain that others have missed) or purely by popularity (i.e. he with the most thread posts always shows first) ?

Klop, this listing method is actually more beneficial to folks like you :tup:

Basically means I can't drop in occasionaly to check for what's for sale without looking through pages and pages.

I don't get on here as often as i'd like and do spend more time on the for sale area - but in my defence i need an ebgine! ;-)
It means quite the opposite. You can drop in from time to time and check the ads. Going from the top to the last one you remember looking at every single advert would be a newly placed one. You wouldn't have to sort through ads that you've already read just because someone had bumped it or because there were people on there saying "if only I had the cash" etc. You wouldn't miss ads that had been bumped off the page because of others being more 'popular'.

Think about it :tup:

The vote was put up and has closed now I think. The results of that will more than likely be acted upon however we go back to the old listing style then we'll also be getting a lot more strict on removing the 'noise' from within the adverts. There's a possibility that we'll even do away with responses entirely and force contact/questions to be via PM, email or phone only. We don't WANT to have to spend loads of time tidying threads and people don't appear to be able to curb the unnecessary chat and bumping themselves. If we decide to go via the PM etc. contact method then the listings are actually going to show pretty much the same as they do now.

Either way, nowt is changing over the next few days as it's Christmas and i'm just about to head off to Cornwall :tup:

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
I agree with you,Si, from a buyers point of view its actually better,but from a sellers point of view its a pain if someone replies on thread and doesn't PM you, then as you haven't looked at the advert for a few days you don't get the message.Most parts are sold in a couple of days from experiance,but if someone is trawling through old ads and replies you may not see the reply for a few days.

all the best for Christmas and the New Year,
Gary.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
Would it be too bad if the original poster was able to edit the guff replies from the thread. I know it wouldn't stop their mates bumping stuff but I'd gladly remove a "Good luck with the sale" from an ad of mine, I also haven't got any mates so I don't usually get stuff bumped unless I do it myself after a week or so.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.