Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can any one turn a v-band inlet flange identical to the stainless steel one I have for the Tial V60 waste gate in aluminium? I will need a pair and can send you the original steel version to enable you to accurately reproduce it.

·
My name is Martin
2,636 Posts
I imagine he's not using it on the hot side, maybe using it as a boost pop off valve i.e. for final protection in an overboost situation.
Could be talking arse though :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I imagine he's not using it on the hot side, maybe using it as a boost pop off valve i.e. for final protection in an overboost situation.
Could be talking arse though :D
Yep, you're right. I'm using a pair of V60s to limit boost via an electronic boost controller. Hopefully I will be able to drive it on the street and turn it up for the track...Also I can experiment with it Twin Prochargers on a 406 SBC should give me lots of boost at low rpm and limit boost up top according to fuel and traction conditions....

If it doesn't work as expected then expect to see two Tial waste gates and an AMS1000 on Ebay........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you get stuck i can do it (i did similar joints on splinters mercury gougar) but im away next week so i wont be able to get on to them untill after 10th may.
Thanks for the offer, I spoke to Nigel and he can do them straight away...they are in the jiffy bag already......
I'll keep you in mind should I have other fabrication jobs during this project.
Cheers.. Trevd

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Thanks for the offer, I spoke to Nigel and he can do them straight away...they are in the jiffy bag already......
I'll keep you in mind should I have other fabrication jobs during this project.
Cheers.. Trevd
good stuff. He's quite good at that stuff as no doubt you've seen..:tup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good stuff. He's quite good at that stuff as no doubt you've seen..:tup:
Thanks to Andy, Nigel and this board. The flanges are perfect replica's of the S/S originals and fit in the valve seats and v-band clamps perfectly...

This got me out of a pickle as the only other option was to use additional BOV's modified to act as pressure venting waste gates. But as this is a supercharged application I wanted everything to be as top notch as possible to give the least possibility for issues on this unconventional combination...

Thanks....David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.