Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

ticket prices

Tags
prices ticket
2K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  Bro Pete 57 
#1 ·
christ.. is it me or is santa pod gettin exspensive??? for me and my daughter to go for 2 days including grandstand will set me back 85 quid now i know what you will say dont get a grandstand seat, well i have allways done so and my daughter gets to see more of the racing being up higher and standing on the bank for 8 hours or so is not comfy, if my wife wants to come your looking over 100 quid, and i thought it was meant for familys to have days out but at these prices i have to leave her indoors at home no im not tight but with the state of the economy you would think that they would bring down the price, and in doing so encourage more folks to come, i would understand if they actualy gave winning racers a decent purse, but they dont. :evil:

#8 ·
Classic Ford is about £14, Retro Show £15 I think, All American show was £15. One day events seen reasonably priced I think, as I only go to a few a year. I know there are more expensive ones in the year like the Mopar nationals for £25, and the main event, but they have more going on and last for longer.

#5 ·
Read this and at first thought a bit much but
Where can you get two whole days entertainment
front row seats as it were
Free parking and
possibly free camping(scrub that then)
so maybe not so much after all :beuj:
Mick
(and believe me I am not one
for paying to get in anywhere)

#6 ·
yea point taken on board, but, to incourage more familys to come along and support this brilliant sport , surely they could bring the price down to a level thats affordable?? if you have a family of 4 inc grandstand its 170 quid even without grandstand your talking feckin 150 quid drop the price and more folk would attend. thats my argument!!

#7 ·
Get everyone in the boot and pay for one day ticket.

I go with some mates, we camp for a couple of nights it costs me £55 a ticket and we can bring our own beer to drink rather than pay the huge bar prices that they charge at festivals. I think its very reasonable. If you knew what they had to pay for insurance, licence, toilets, staff and all the other stuff it would be a huge shock.

#11 ·
Get everyone in the boot and pay for one day ticket.

I think its very reasonable. If you knew what they had to pay for insurance, licence, toilets, staff and all the other stuff it would be a huge shock.
You got it one.

This is a major league event, you will be seeing the ultimate performance in Europe.
Price up tickets for the Goodwood Festival of Speed, The British Grand Prix and other comparable events. Hell, price up the cost of a couple of tickets for a premiership footie match that lasts 90 minutes, or a day at Wimbledon. Have you had a look at the prices for Alton Towers or Drayton Manor Park lately?
Even a curry and a few beers after on a Saturday night will come close.
I fully understand your point of view but top flight drag racing ain't no different to any other 'attraction'. It all costs. Big time.

#9 ·
I agree with the original post...it IS expensive....
But....you are in the UK, most things are priced to what the market will bear....and relative to what people earn.
Try comparing it to 90 minutes entertainment :beuj: at a premiership football match, and after you've got over that, have a look at buying uself a grandstand ticket for the British GP......
I'm not on the side of SPR, far from it, we suffered plenty in our time fom the Phelps's accountancy, just tryin to put a bit of a balance in.....:)
Anyway, have a fantastic time, hopr the sun shines, and the racing is fantastic...:D

#13 ·
Hour on hour its CHEAP!! 90mins at a west end show £65 each for me and Mrs Raider.
S.P.R is a buisness. Its a huge operation that has to be paid for. None or very little sponsership moneys, means the gate moneys cover the track operating costs. The experiance in the stands is great, but get together with the family/ bunch of mates. Spead a blanket on the ground, get the beers/ picnic going and enjoy the show. :bigsmile:

#15 · (Edited)
Ive noticed this a lot with different events at different venue's and without sounding like a plonker i feel that it all depends on the person thats paying as were all in different circumstances where to some a £10 may as well be £100 cos if you aint got it then its a lot

Add to that the distance from your place of residence to the venue can also be a factor

But as i was typing this i did have a gander on the pod site and came across this and thought that it was quite fair " * 3 kids per paying Adult. " but i do feel that having children fall in to 2 different age groups is a little confusing :beuj:

Swings and roundabouts i guess :S

#18 ·
Was that 20% off the gate price but if theres a £10 difference between gate and advance price difference then they give 20% the gate price isnt that then just the same as the advance price anyway, :beuj: (working roughly on £50)
THATS if it was off the gate price

I once was told that if i couldnt afford to buy somethng for my car (cant remember what item it was but was small) then i should seriously think about changing my hobby to one more within my affordability, even today that annoys the hell out of me and should be in the rants section i think :shake: but its all to do with money :tdown:

#17 ·
i booked my tickets today so will deffo be going, even though they charge you a booking fee, crazy, racing should be great so am looking foward to it, and may even catch up with you guys, no im not winging im not the type, just seeing what your thoughts on it where,

#20 ·
No not yours mate i meant my reply .............. :tup:

I once was told that if i couldnt afford to buy somethng for my car (cant remember what item it was but was small) then i should seriously think about changing my hobby to one more within my affordability, even today that annoys the hell out of me and should be in the rants section i think :shake: but its all to do with money :tdown:

#22 ·
I hope I didn't come across as being deliberately bolshy, that wasn't my intention. As someone has already pointed out, if you only have a fiver in your pocket, then a tenner is a King's ransom.
All in all, I don't think the prices at the Pod seem to be much out of line with what 'stuff' costs these days.
Like everyone else, I have to be selective about what I can and can't afford to do.

#24 ·
I once went to the F1, it cost me a fortune to get in, could see next to nothing and hadnt got a clue who was winning! and wasnt allowed in the pits without paying more.

I go to two meetings a year at Santa Pod, and yes the price has gone up...but it has taken 10 years for the price to go up!

To be fair to Keith Bartlett and the SPR company
he promised new tarmac strip.. YOU GOT IT
he promised toilets that were more than a plank over a trough, and more trhan two lots... YOU GOT EM and to be honest they are allways staffed and being worked on

hE promised tarmac pit area (all of it) YOU GOT IT
he promised new tarmac on the approach road... YOU GOT IT
he promised grand stands... YOU NOW GOT TWO

I have friends who go to Football...Rugby...F1...West end shows regularly etc etc and in comparison Santa Pod is more than competitive and the kids are free, I have three children and have been to Alton Towers, Monkey World, Sea Life Centre etc etc and been fleeced

Now the only thing they need to offer is a chance of winning something with your ticket... SUCH AS A RIDE IN THE TWO SEAT DRAGSTER

Anyway rest assured I will be at the MAIN EVENT and yes money is very tight in our houshold at the moment.

#27 ·
I once went to the F1, it cost me a fortune to get in, could see next to nothing and hadnt got a clue who was winning! and wasnt allowed in the pits without paying more.

I go to two meetings a year at Santa Pod, and yes the price has gone up...but it has taken 10 years for the price to go up!

To be fair to Keith Bartlett and the SPR company
he promised new tarmac strip.. YOU GOT IT
he promised toilets that were more than a plank over a trough, and more trhan two lots... YOU GOT EM and to be honest they are allways staffed and being worked on

hE promised tarmac pit area (all of it) YOU GOT IT
he promised new tarmac on the approach road... YOU GOT IT
he promised grand stands... YOU NOW GOT TWO

I have friends who go to Football...Rugby...F1...West end shows regularly etc etc and in comparison Santa Pod is more than competitive and the kids are free, I have three children and have been to Alton Towers, Monkey World, Sea Life Centre etc etc and been fleeced

Now the only thing they need to offer is a chance of winning something with your ticket... SUCH AS A RIDE IN THE TWO SEAT DRAGSTER

Anyway rest assured I will be at the MAIN EVENT and yes money is very tight in our houshold at the moment.
Now all he has to do is move it within 10 miles of my door and ill be happy :pmsl:

I hate foosball .......... dont like rugby, been west end once (and dare i say it i enjoyed an opera) and not been fleeced by any of the theme parks YET but my kids want to go but monkey world sounds like a normal day in my house :pmsl:

#29 ·
Dont take this seriously

But at least if you go to a football match the action lasts for 90 minutes where as in drag racing its all over in 10 seconds. Hang on a minute my Sharon has said my love making is like a drag race, I always thought she meant I make the ground shake. Maybe she meant it only lasts 10 seconds. Oh shit.

#31 ·
we have 2 tickets for the British F1 GP, ........total = £500 !!

I think the point is that a ticket to any event years ago wasnt a big chunk of change outa your wages, and now it is

#32 ·
thing is pods the nearest thing we have to NHRA racing,200+ teams,top fuel,top methanol,pro mod.(go wayne lucky777),i never question the main event,if it rains..tough luck...true pod hasnt got the atmosphere of shakey but to have the foreign teams here for a fia meeting has got to be worth it alone..

wish i was going...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.