Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at a thread where the owner is boring an engine +30 on a 454 if it would make a lot of difference and what sort of power hed get with the 468 with a blower

Would you say that the compression ratio on his 468 be too high for his blower on the street (if he ever drives it on the street) (wooos) :incheek:

But most of all do you think that the power and fuel consumption would be worth it ............. i mean the owner is getting on a bit :tdown:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
You'll be keeping an eye in your rear veiw mirror,ya lanky streak'a piss:lol:Bry

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Also depends on what boost you're using

Your fuel has a set calorific value and as you contain the explosion this will ensure that you maximise your energy conversion, hence more fuel, bigger bang. Bigger volume even bigger bang. Combine the two super bang. Too much CR, stiffles the bang (fuel doesn't burn properly as the air fuel mixture ratio see's saturation and the molecules go into solution with each other, rather than air and fuel or something like that)amongst other things. Too much Cr, run alcohol or methanol instead :-D

Depends what BHP and BMP you get as an end result. More than likely, yes.

I've spent far too much time on fuel farm haven't I?

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After looking at a thread where the owner is boring an engine +30 on a 454 if it would make a lot of difference and what sort of power hed get with the 468 with a blower

Would you say that the compression ratio on his 468 be too high for his blower on the street (if he ever drives it on the street) (wooos) :incheek:

But most of all do you think that the power and fuel consumption would be worth it ............. i mean the owner is getting on a bit :tdown:
its a 454 with a +30 bore,so 468 now,but obviously if any one asks its a 427 of course:incheek:Bry
Hi Dave

That was one of the points i was trying to point out, i thought that that a 454 bored 30 would be a 460 (as im helping big bro do just that so speaking from kind of experience :incheek:)

It just the quote above made me question my own calculations :pmsl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.