Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Getting there!

Looks like both have the same angle top mount (within 0.3 degrees according to my bevel box). So that's a win.

Looking at the two diffs, would you swap thr diffs and brakes or just the diff?

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Machine Auto part

Automotive tire Train Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Top one looks like it might have XJS discs which could be bigger than the bottom ones, I can't remember whether the caliper has longer mounts or the actual mount is different so you need to check it all before you decide. I think it;s 3mm difference but if you get the match wrong you'll end up with a lip on the edge of the pads

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Top one looks like it might have XJS discs which could be bigger than the bottom ones, I can't remember whether the caliper has longer mounts or the actual mount is different so you need to check it all before you decide. I think it;s 3mm difference but if you get the match wrong you'll end up with a lip on the edge of the pads
Yes, probably right, as the replacment diff is a 2.88:1 powerlok LSD.

I'm thinking I'll swap the diff and the brakes over. Need to check the widths of both are the same or if not, that I can adjust the shims to get the camber right. I don't need the handbrake as my handbrake is hydraulic, but if there's room I can leave the mechanism on in case I want to put a cable handbrake on.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts