Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have just heard that Tony Beadle has just died in Harewood Hospital....... R.I.P.

Tony Beadle, died today from complications following an 8 hour operation on Wednesday to deal with a serious heart condition. He was admitted to Harefield Hospital before Christmas after being told he had suffered a heart attack and needed a triple bypass and new heart valve. He had been feeling unwell with some stomach-related discomfort and never suspected he had a heart problem.

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
That is really sad news and my condolences go out to his family. I had the honour of spending time with Tony as crew on his rail in the early eighties and it was something I always looked back on with a smile and fond memories. A lovely man with a great deal of knowledge.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,264 Posts
A great loss to the hobby but more importantly, at this moment, his family, our thoughts are with them.

·
Premium Member
1,940 Posts
Really sad news and condolences to his family. It was great that Tony was able to join us last year for the Rover Racers Reunion ,as he was instrumental in setting up the series, when he worked with Street Machine magazine.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Very sad news - knew Tony from our Street Machine days. Always willing to help you and always up for a chat. Top bloke, glad to have known him, RIP

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Very sad indeed. Tony encouraged me when I first started racing in the Rover V8 Challenge in ,89. THANK YOU SO MUCH TONY :tup:

GOD BLESS you sir , our thoughts are with your family.

Wayne , Belinda and family

·
Having a cuppa
2,629 Posts
A real shame. I didn't know Tony but as a regular reader of his work in Street Machine and Classic American in the 80s he was an influence in my formative years.

Rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
really sad news lived across the road from him in harlington near heathrow when i was a teenager,remember his cars.
thoughts go to his family.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
A great influence on our hobby and sport. RIP Tony.

Thoughts and Condolences to his family & friends.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
What terrible news, meet him a few times in the 80s but never really had the chance to talk to him until I won a trophy at a Street Machine sponsored show and he presented me with it. Yeh, very sad, RIP Tony, our thought's are with the family at this time. Mark and family

1 - 20 of 27 Posts