Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in contact with Tony Thacker, one time editor of Custom Car magazine and now works for NHRA and run the Wally Parks Museum State side
I enclosed part of he's E-Mail to me as it may be of interest to a lot of you out there

"I don't get back to England much. Maybe every couple of years, usually to go to Goodwood with something.
In 2008 it was 10 dragsters. This year I'm taking Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and CaZZilla, Jimmie Vaughn (Stevie Ray's brother) and his '61 Caddy, James Hetfield (Metallica) and his Auburn Speedster, Eric Clapton's 49 Ford and Jeff Beck and a couple of cars. It should be fun if it doesn't turn into work."
>>>>> 2008..:tup:http://www.eurodragster.com/news/features/2008goodwoodfestivalofspeed/default.htm

Tony told me why he won't post here and he has got a good reason not too
But I did send him the link for Rods n Sods and he likes what he sees and he said he will pass in on to some Brit rodders he know out here

http://www.123people.co.uk/ext/frm?...m/watch?v=0LQAuSzZZ4E&section=video&wrt_id=53

Bob…..:smoke:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
nice line up of cars there,but tickets are about £45+ each & have probably sold out already.
so petty politics even crosses oceans aswell, what s small world we live in.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,079 Posts
Rik, you'll find most people involved in this hobby as some form of business don't post on forums as it's often better if your customers don't have preconceived ideas about you .

As I've got nothing to sell what you see is what you get .

Goodwood is great event , I was lucky to get there when they brought over some of the most iconic hotrods in the world and see them run in anger.

Great for any petrolhead anyway but throw in a smattering or rods, rails, saltflat racers etc makes it all the better.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
nice line up of cars there,but tickets are about £45+ each & have probably sold out already.
so petty politics even crosses oceans aswell, what s small world we live in.
politics, some of us have been around a while and remember how this hobby was portrade by others in the past.......

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
ta for the ticket offer rod:tup:
& i have been to the event & i agree friday is a better day.
it's just overated & i personally think that the revival is better.

·
Paint it or Lose it
737 Posts

Goodwood is great event , I was lucky to get there when they brought over some of the most iconic hotrods in the world and see them run in anger.
that was the first and only time i went need to get me arse in gear and go again but then i also got a model A to build hey ho hahahaha

·
Registered
429 Posts
I went a few years back on the Friday courtesy of some free tickets, was great day out drinking cocktails in the sun...... oh and a great mix of motors too :tup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts