Premium Member
13,121 Posts
from the Top 100 List ...?

nice to see Dr Feelgood in there, Faces is very good & Edwyn Collins, too

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult does it for me and Vengeance by Yngwie Malmsteen when I'm in a mad mood :)

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Totally agree.....just brilliant.....here's two that may surprise.......easy...the commodores.....the prettiest star from aladin sane
Some of the Funk Bands have produced some fantastic riffs, not only with guitars but also with organs/synthesizers, one of my favourites is "Thats whats wrong with me" by Rose Royce, Gwen Dicky can sing a bit as well :tup:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult does it for me and Vengeance by Yngwie Malmsteen when I'm in a mad mood :)
heh malmsteen, great player, even bigger asshole. a 8 kid asked him for his autograph. "one day i want to be as good as you" the kid added.
asswipe malmsteen replied: "you wil never be as good as me" turned around and walked off.

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heh malmsteen, great player, even bigger asshole. a 8 kid asked him for his autograph. "one day i want to be as good as you" the kid added.
asswipe malmsteen replied: "you wil never be as good as me" turned around and walked off.
That's a piss poor attitude, he is undeniably a great guitarist and should be inspiring the younger generation, hopefully the kid will prove him wrong one day :tup:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Some one tell me, please where does the phrase 'riff' actually come from? Who first used it?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts