Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see American Top Gear on BBC 3 last night? - followed similar format to UK version - not quite so silly - some good cars look to be coming up in the 10 show series!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought it was terrible- It wasn't a similar format, it was exactly the same! Why can't the americans just enjoy the British show, or make their own American one without ripping ours off? They had the opportunity to improve on the British version, but got lazy and just mimicked it...badly. Shame...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Its been on here a full year, I dont care for it I miss the dry humour of the brits.

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
Some Americans are not in love with it.

Top Gear US blows. It is unwatchable and has 0 entertainment value. My entire family (wife and 2 girls) will watch Top Gear UK every time its on. Its not the cars they care about, its Clarkson, Hammond and Captain Slow (May) they find so entertaining. My oldest daughter and I enjoy the odd analogies and references they use.
We are chuffed to bits with TopGear UK.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Having never seen Top Gear America and having read here how bad it is i thought i'd watch an episode to see for myself... season 1, episode 1 on you tube.. from beginning to end.
Its an exact copy of Top Gear UK but with three different presenters. The silly 'challenge' was a copy of the Lotus v attack helicopter missile lock one called Viper v Cobra.
OK, it does lack some of the interaction that you get between Clarkson/Hammond/May and if youre familiar with the UK program you know its just a copy... but!...... i really didnt think it was that bad... ducks and waits for massive flaming...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have watched the US, Aussie and Brit versions of the show....I still prefer the the original, the right one, the proper one, the british one :tup:

The yanks version is hmmmm :S I didn't like as much as the others and I though it was pretty forgettable actually.

The Aussie one is not too bad actually...Its has some of that Aussie humour and comedy we all love in the pubs lol (but we're not talking aussie here are we lol)

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Prefer 5th Gear myself, even though Im no fan of Vicki BH. But I'm surprised now we're all retro crazy they haven't started showing re-runs of the original Top Gear. Austin Princess road tests, who wouldn't want to see those again. What? Oh, yeah, fair point...:whistle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts