Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gearbox came supplied with my 1966 Mustang as a projected upgrade to replace the stock 3 speed gearbox when I bought it. It is now surplus as I am going for a 5 speed conversion. I obviously cannot vouch for the condition of the box having never run it in a car so it is offered for sale for rebuild or spares, but I have opened the top for inspection and cannot see any obvious sign of damage, the gears and the selector forks all move smoothly, plus the oil when drained showed no sign of any metal particles. I have been informed that the front plate looks odd and it might have been modified at some point in the past to fit a different application. Sorry but I can’t say if it has modified or not but it bolted up fine to the later 302 v8 that was in my 66 coupe using the stock ford 6 bolt 3 speed bell housing. It also comes with a good used Hurst shifter minus the gear knob and a brand new Hurst shifter linkage kit which alone cost nearly £300. These are still a rare and difficult gearbox to find with some examples selling for £800 to the thousand pound mark. And you can have the 3 speed as well. I would prefer collection in person but will palletise it for shipping and hand it over to any carrier you care to arrange carriage with. £500. More pictures on ebay item number 231197046846.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts