Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: got a trail day tomorrow working with marine fish :tup: Bust guess what i havnt a clue what to do.. i had to blag the interview and got through :p hope i get training.

·
V8 addict
1,102 Posts
Best start brushing up on your A-level chemistry. At the very least re-familiarise yourself with the nitrogen cycle.
As you know, most marines are really sensitive to water quality and chemistry so you'll definately want to start to read up on your trace elements, particularly copper and calcium!

Theres a lot of enjoyment to be had from working with Marine fish. You'll be surprised just how much more involved it is work wise to keep them in an artificial environment compared to fresh water fish.

Good luck!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best start brushing up on your A-level chemistry. At the very least re-familiarise yourself with the nitrogen cycle.
As you know, most marines are really sensitive to water quality and chemistry so you'll definately want to start to read up on your trace elements, particularly copper and calcium!

Theres a lot of enjoyment to be had from working with Marine fish. You'll be surprised just how much more involved it is work wise to keep them in an artificial environment compared to fresh water fish.

Good luck!
Thank you :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
they're fish, they ain't gonna tell anyone if you get it wrong...:incheek:
They do, they don't swim anymore . . .

Shop will give you some training, theres no way there gonna let you loose on the R/O System, so don't be overly concerned. Most shops want some one who's enthusiastic, good people skills, reliable, they rest they can teach you.

Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts