Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, crappy cold weathers here. Who's gonna be working on / updating their 55, 56, 57 over the winter ? And what are you gonna do ?
Bit of paint ? Retrim that worn seat ? Bit of new chrome ?

Mine's still in bits (but not as many :D) so still got loads to do.
My sbc is now here, so thats the next big step for me. Cant wait to hear it run :tup:
Oh, & I've still got loads of these bloody model kits to finish :shake: (yes, there is a bright orange one !)

·
Knowledge breeds power...
237 Posts
I'm thinking about putting a crank in mine. You can never get enough torque, I always think...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Still loads of work to do on my mates 55 now back from NZ, managed to get half the paintwork done before I left, spent the last two days flatting and polishing, looking good now, just changed the glass front end for all steel, including the doors, should be a real nice motor when finished, target will be wheels day next year.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Pull rest of the panels back off, strip off red oxide prime, Paint, fit interior (black tuck N Roll of course) new tyres & trim, Put back together while trying to keep an eye on Plumpcars and my nice original rot free arches :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Fit my fender skirts,put the Fentons on the old straight 6 and run new exhausts with smithy's,should be loud enough :happy:
Bolt the back seat in properly and a general tidy up,also sort out the seized heater controls and fresh air vent cables it's getting nippy now with the vents stuck open and the heater on cold,must be getting soft :wanker: but i want to use it all year round if i can

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope, all red Steve...
Sounds good Al, get busy with your camera & post 'em up.

Pull rest of the panels back off, strip off red oxide prime, Paint, fit interior (black tuck N Roll of course) new tyres & trim, Put back together while trying to keep an eye on Plumpcars and my nice original rot free arches :D

Blimey Goat, your gonna be busy. It was all in 1 bit at wheels day !
I had rot free arches too, just a shame the floors where shit :tdown:

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
steve, all of the things on your list basically, need to fire it up soon, then just keep working on through the car ! getting there bit by long winded bit... like to say driving for wheels day, but not going to tie myself to any particular year :D

·
I'd rather be blown
600 Posts
Nearly ready for paint, need to finish roll cage, fit tubs and fabricate trunk floor, rebuild motor with dished low comp pistons and blower cam, install rewire kit and brake lines etc,
hope to be ready for wheels day next year...... maybe

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
Nearly ready for paint, need to finish roll cage, fit tubs and fabricate trunk floor, rebuild motor with dished low comp pistons and blower cam, install rewire kit and brake lines etc,
hope to be ready for wheels day next year...... maybe
well done vince, i was wondering how you were doing, any pictures, or are they on your site ?

kev

·
old tart (was kc55)
745 Posts
Been meaning to update the website, always seems to be more pressing things to do....will post some pics on here when I get a mo, how you getting on with your 55?
probably doing better than it feels at the mo, just got back from states with various goodies from cars inc and danchucks, hoping this will inspire me to get my finger out, but you know what its like mate, life gets in the way !

kev

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Sod the paint.. just gotta get her on the road next year.............. (been saying that for 6 years now,boy,how time flies !!!!)

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Couple of BIG tri chevy do's coming up next year ! Get your fingers out and get them cars on the road or you'll miss out :sniff:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts