Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after any info on my dads olf triumph bonnie. REG: YGC 349S. he was the first owner amd it was stolen only a year after purchase. my dad still has the reciept of purchase, keys, log book, owners handbook and some parts off it. it has his name engraved on some panels om the bike.

The bike was stolen from outside his house in aylesbury.

is he still entitled to have it back if found???

Any help??

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If he got paid out by the insurance, they own it now.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've checked DVLA last month and its still uk registered 8 owners and colour change. i was wondering if he can be reunited aftet all these years.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know. my dad said the old bill weren't really bothered back then. I know its registered and on the road but dvla don't give addresses. my old man still goes to shows looking for it over 30 years later

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Plenty of those were stolen back then. Fitting the front ends onto earlier models was pretty popular.
Bonnie engine into a norton featherbed frame was the bollox back then.
Tons of bonnie's got nicked round my way back then.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm not convinced it'll be as simple as claiming the bike. There are unlikely to be any official records of the theft in existence. The current owner (and a few before them) have probably bought the bike in good faith. It's going to be your word against theirs..... After thirty years it's quite possible that any distinguishing features have been restored out.

If you put yourself in the current owners position you'd struggle to see the sense of someone trying to claim your bike after thirty years.

Not saying what's right or wrong, but the current owner is likely to be an innocent party who will probably try to hang on to a bike they've paid their hard earned cash for.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
when your dad bought this bike did he buy it outright or did he have a hp agreement,if he had it on hp the hp company might have got it recovered and then sold it on after,if you buy on hp you dont own it till its all paid of,just a thought

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.