Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a proper old school 2 ton jack which pumps up great but when I let it down it goes down under weight then stops once the weight is off,This is becoming a pain now as obviously when it comes to pulling from a motor its catching on stuff.Any ideas or is there any where near brum who can have a look at it THANKS

·
Semi Proffessional Prat
3,489 Posts
Fit a bloody big spring to help it come down. Failing that there is a place in Digbeth that service the hydraulic jacks used at MOT stations on the ramps.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Sorry to hijack (no pun intended) this thread but does anyone know of a place near South Bedfordshire who can do a ram rebuild. I've had the jack since before I could drive and I can't bring myself to throw it away

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Best thing to do is get in touch with your local hydraulic hose supplier if they cannot do it they will know someone that can.

·
Premium Member
1,584 Posts
One way of sorting this out would be to use another jack to keep the car high enough so you can pull the useless one out. Then every time you use the crap jack you can simply let the car down with the good jack and remove it without catching on anything....:tup:

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
might be sluge in the ram strip it down and flush old oil clean and fill with new oil ,easy to do then rebuild,

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Sorry to hijack (no pun intended) this thread but does anyone know of a place near South Bedfordshire who can do a ram rebuild. I've had the jack since before I could drive and I can't bring myself to throw it away
Theres a fella in Potten End who does Jacks and Ram seals, he is at the bottom of Plough lane, past the allotments and tucked up behind Browns old yard, If you know Browns yard in Hemel, (cupids Green) pop in the breakers and talk to Martin, he can direct you, alternatively look on google earth, plough lane in potten end and you will see the alotments and a few of browns old cars around the buildings

1 - 9 of 9 Posts