Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mr Cadillac :-)
1,719 Posts
3100 is short bed, 3200 long bed on the mid fifties trucks. 3600/3800 are the heavy duty trucks with the heavier axles, 8 lug wheels etc

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
dimensions-wise, all the short beds are virtually the same whether it's Chevy/GMC, Ford, IH or Dodge. Short beds are about 6 to 6 1/2 ft beds. Long beds can be from 7ft 5 to 8ft 1 and even 9ft for the 1 ton types.
A typical shortbed truck will be about 16ft overall length.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok many thanks. That would be awesome nobody if he came this way :tup: I'm off to the Billing fun run at the end of the month so I'll probably get a good idea from there

·
Registered
24 Posts
A half-ton (3100) may just about fit into a standard sized garage (length wise anyway; you may need to lower it or let the airs in the tyres down if it's too tall!), but a three-quarter-ton (3600) will not fit into a garage!

·
Registered
56 Posts

IH fits into a standard garage.
About 6 inches each side through the garage door opening, then a liitle more as you clear the door.
Lengthways, i have about 2 foot left over. Just stop short and push/pull him in to clear garage door sensor. I have a mark on the wall to indicate, bit geeky but saves a rear light cluster.
Height wise, he is lowered so goes in fine. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.