Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bound copy of H*t C*r mags at the weekend from 1980 only to find the mag of July1980 that I remember buying with Dave Finch's True Britt Standard on the cover.

I loved that car and to me, an 18 year old, that was a proper hot rod and I wanted it badly...

Remember the car lived in Watford for a while when it was black and flamed owned by Roy Healey (?) from Watford Rod and Custom club and I can remember where he lived because you could sometimes catch a glimpse of the car as you drove past - I still look everytime even now to see if it's still there but after nearly 30-years, it isn't!!

Anyone know what happened to it? Still about?

Reg AKT 974

Cheers,

Jon

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jon
Picked up a June 1979 Hot Rod and Custom u.k from the "reading" room last night, it's in that too.
Does that help................ :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, got that too but can't recall it - have to check tomorrow; all my mags are in my 'library' at work....

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
DVLA info:
Date of Liability 01 11 1990
Date of First Registration 16 04 1934
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 4700CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour YELLOW

Looks like its been off the road for some time..........

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jon
Picked up a June 1979 Hot Rod and Custom u.k from the "reading" room last night, it's in that too.
Does that help................ :)
Just dug it out - yep that looks like a previous; yellow incarnation. Quite different to just a year later's version:

Yellow has Daimler hemi and independent front whilst the H*t C*r update has 327 Chevy and Super Bell - much prefer the latter; looks far harder. Later Black and flames only enhanced it too....

Thanks for the DVLA info too - can never remember the link to that :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts