Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first met the guys in 1976 i was 18 now if i remember right i knew mavis from school and i met micky hammand through him i then met the twins through mick chris and lyndon smith and colin dennis alan shurey john coleman and wal barter.we all became good friends reel quick and ran wild baby till the late eighties.I CARRIED ON TILL 7 YEARS AGO YEEEEEEEEHA MUTHER O AH OK.Right.We were all into cars and when we heard about the kings road cruise we started going.I had a 105e anglia

we all had fords in the beginning and as we got older the cars got better.We were not a car club.BOYSTEROS,LAIRY,HIGH ENERGY AND JUST DIDNT CARE WHAT OTHERS THAUGHT.Kiss my ass attude.After the cruise we started to go to the heston services and started to meet other rodders,later on in the years we went to the texas lone star and allways had a food fight the manager got to know us well.In the early days we used to have a lot of partys at deses house Baldicheno turned up in hot and bothered one night sniffing around the girls on like a dog on heat....

PROOF....BALDY AND HELEN AT PYJAMA PARTY
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

STRATY DES BEHIND AND CHRIS

STRATY AND ALAN..We always tried to push the envalope and most of the time got away with it.I remmember my first billing there wasnt much there in the beginning but that is were we hooked up with the chevy mob them running naked in the head lights at night

MY CORTINA WITH THE BOYS ON FRONT......Billing for us as time went on got better and crazyer. We started to come up with a theme for billing and the first one was the BASE BALL FURYS out of the film WARRIORS...

STRATY AS A BASEBALL FURY WITH MY VAN THE BROWN BOMBER.................Im not going to tell the story in one go theres WAY WAY TO MUCH...So till the next part i hope you have enjoyed this...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brown bomber

I just noticed the yellow sticker in the middle of the screen on my van brown bomber,it was the kings road cruiser sticker.I forgot to mention that at the Height of the cruise down the kings road the traffic from it was so BIG that london around that side came to a stand still.IT BECAME A VICTIM OF ITS OWN SUCCESS......That van saw some BIG IT UP RUMPY PUMPY ACTION!!!!!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
I remember that Cf, didn't it have some sort of PA system? Seem to recall some quite rude stuff being said at Billing one year and Joe Public looking a bit embarassed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YES i had a cb radio in it with a p.a. speaker under the bonnet + proper truck horns front seat swiveled around so you could watch the action on the big double bed,ice box washable dildo spot lights in back and ky jelly dispencer.The wheels on it were expencive wire wheels.Lyndon had the van before me so it was in the family for a while.I did luv my van shit loads of BIG TIME MEMORYS with the bomber!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ha! I remember some of those parties,Mark...wer'nt you chief lacer of unsuspecting girls drinks with "Spanish Fly"?...Badboydirtyboy:shake::pmsl:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you thaught this was good

How about these...

Amsterdam 1983

THE NEW ROMANTICS

TRI CHEVY FANCY DRESS PARTY

As you can see we tried to be differant to the norm

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Great pics and stories Mark , keep 'em coming .

I know I always had a great time with you lot at the runs , my first memory of you is hearing Computer World ( I think it was) on Stylophone :smoke:

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Great pics and stories Mark , keep 'em coming .

I know I always had a great time with you lot at the runs , my first memory of you is hearing Computer World ( I think it was) on Stylophone :smoke:
IT WAS COMPUTER LOVE, HIT THE LINK....:smoke:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Olympia custm car show big tuck up

I MUST tell you all a story i think has nearly been forgotten.REGRETABLY NO PHOTOS!..Myself and lyndon think it was in the early 1980s.I know it was around the time when all the car mags were writing about us a lot.We knew C.J. from custom car through mavis real well! Some of the T.U.S. had cars showing at the OLYMPIA CUSTOM CAR SHOW.I THINK we had our own stand.Anyway there was a group trying to copy us called THE MORONS( I SAY NOTHING)..People from custom car came to us all and said they wanted to do a centre spread with us and morons were we would all write graffiti on a big white back spread at the show...OOOOK!!..SO we had a plan..All of us went around the show collecting fire extinguishers,ketchup and mustard bottles and stash it till we needed them.We went to the back drop they had all the gear there for a shoot.They gave us all spray paints,we started of ok writeing graffiti.I sprayed tuck up squad and one of the morons changed it by spraying F over the T on TUCK...BAD MOVE MATE.. I went mad and sprayed him THEN all hell broke out winston had found a BIG bin on wheels full of empty beer bottles he lifted it up and threw it in,all the bottles came out like bombs then we came in with the other stuff.The morons got well soaked the custom car people legged it!!.The lighting shorted out and the hole back drop was destroyed!!!!..IT WAS A REAL MESS!!!!...FANTASTIC SITE...When the custom car people came back we legged it..THEY WERE REAL PISSED OFF.They said we blew up 15,000 pound worth of lighting...AND we had to pay...YA RIGHT..What do you expect we are the TUCK UP SQUAD.They never got there money and they never wrote about us again...IT WAS A BAD IDEA FROM THE START BOYS!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Im glad you can remember all the details Mark, That one got away from me, I think some cars got hit in the brawl with spray from the Extinguishers.

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I MUST tell you all a story i think has nearly been forgotten.REGRETABLY NO PHOTOS!..Myself and lyndon think it was in the early 1980s.I know it was around the time when all the car mags were writing about us a lot.We knew C.J. from custom car through mavis real well! Some of the T.U.S. had cars showing at the OLYMPIA CUSTOM CAR SHOW.I THINK we had our own stand.Anyway there was a group trying to copy us called THE MORONS( I SAY NOTHING)..People from custom car came to us all and said they wanted to do a centre spread with us and morons were we would all write graffiti on a big white back spread at the show...OOOOK!!..SO we had a plan..All of us went around the show collecting fire extinguishers,ketchup and mustard bottles and stash it till we needed them.We went to the back drop they had all the gear there for a shoot.They gave us all spray paints,we started of ok writeing graffiti.I sprayed tuck up squad and one of the morons changed it by spraying F over the T on TUCK...BAD MOVE MATE.. I went mad and sprayed him THEN all hell broke out winston had found a BIG bin on wheels full of empty beer bottles he lifted it up and threw it in,all the bottles came out like bombs then we came in with the other stuff.The morons got well soaked the custom car people legged it!!.The lighting shorted out and the hole back drop was destroyed!!!!..IT WAS A REAL MESS!!!!...FANTASTIC SITE...When the custom car people came back we legged it..THEY WERE REAL PISSED OFF.They said we blew up 15,000 pound worth of lighting...AND we had to pay...YA RIGHT..What do you expect we are the TUCK UP SQUAD.They never got there money and they never wrote about us again...IT WAS A BAD IDEA FROM THE START BOYS!!!!!!
I remember it well, now that you've kicked my memory awake. I remembr Mavis being dressed real smart but it didn't hold him back. I'm loving all this.

Rog.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Colin!!..I have never heard any one talk about it, so i knew it might get forgotten!..I think its one of our best mate.I didnt remember the car bit,but it rings a bell now.This is why i wanted to tell our story mate.Its to good to let it be forgotten. At least on here others can read this and enjoy...I HOPE!!!...The kind of things you cant do now!!..Its GOOD to see you on here!!!How about some help on here you have shit loads of pics and john!!!

·
Banned
482 Posts
Mark, you got any pics of the time we went to Skindles for some fancy dress do. We went in carrying someone on a stretcher in all the army gear.. We won a bottle of champagne for best outfits.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi phil..Well i had forgotten about that one mate.I dont have any photos of that but i do have some more good photos,but alot did get lost when i lost my home shame that.BUT i still have a few.....Roger thanks for p.m. and words MATE!!...ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OTHER PEOPLES STORYS..I WASNT THE ONLY ONE THERE...COME ON GUYS!!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mark,was that was the same show that the Jago Jeep which was exhibited very near our stand mysteriously disappeared one night after the show had closed for the evening,only to be found in a differant part of the building,the next day?....wonderwhodunnit:whistle:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NOW THATS WHAT I CALL IN PUT!!!!!!!..Gess i didnt remember ALL the details after all!..NOW i do remember THANKS Wal!!...When it did come to me i burst out laughing!!..GREAT!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts