Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was a 12.00 @ 114 holding on to 1st and second too long. I think Andy ran a 9 something but I left early to find out.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive estimated if instead of a 100 shot i used a 600 shot I might have stood a chance. :pmsl:
Great weekend and an excellent finish. Cheers Andy. See you all at Shakey this Saturday.
I will be trouncing other TVRs hopefully.

·
Banjo snapper.
3,507 Posts
I have a very similar piece of video taken from on board my Anglia which ran a 14.1, Steve Green was in the other lane in his old Cortina, ran an 8 something.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Love the way Andy starts to smoke the tyres at half track and has to pedal it again. Terrific weekend and well done for getting the TVR into the 11s Derek!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually managed a slight PB to 60 foot!
If i ran 1.83 at Kirkbride then surely i must lose another tenth at Shakey this weekend. Just need to address a leaky fuel pulsoid (or 2).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Brill - two things that just summed up what I've missed by not getting to the track this year - getting the best view in the house of Andy and the - "surely I must lose another tenth"...

no three things: getting the best view in the hours of Andy - "surely I must lose another tenth" and my personal favourite - "I think I need a bigger nitrous jet next time".

the comparisons with Twister are fun aren't they - "a 600 shot to keep up"!?! - I worked out I needed to put another 150 shot in the Minor to have enough power to turn Andy's blower!

You've really got me dreaming of racing next year....

Thanks!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are more than welcome.
I may jest about catching Andy but i do have may aims and goals.
The fastest street legal TVR i know of is Paul Chances LS3 pwered Cerbera. Running kinsler throttle bodies etc is putting over 530 bhp to the rear wheels and has snapped a few driveshafts and run 10.9 @ 132.
A part of me thinks i can achieve this. It would be a shame to lose the faith.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
great sound and footage, love it

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Never loose the faith dude your motor ran real well
To get a v8 down into the 11s takes some doing , i ran out of traction on my old tyres
Managed a 12.02 on a set of andys tyres .
I would like to have the fastest jago lol but there is a certain
Jago that is somewhat faster than mine lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts