need a twin servo
SVC do them for £300
any ideas
cheaper supplier maybe
thanks richard

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,146 Posts
Looked everywhere or cheaper and also tried tracing down OEM fitment of the twin unit but without luck. Two decent seperate units will cost the same and take up more space. The simplest and cheapest way is to use a bulkhead mount servo with twin system master cylinder at a fraction of the cost.

·
Premium Member
14,431 Posts
Looked everywhere or cheaper and also tried tracing down OEM fitment of the twin unit but without luck. Two decent seperate units will cost the same and take up more space. The simplest and cheapest way is to use a bulkhead mount servo with twin system master cylinder at a fraction of the cost.
yep or servo/master under the floor as is common practice.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi
guys
can't use servo master cylinder no room
no room for 2 servos
all the ones on ebay are singles
don't want to use a bulk head one on my Model A
richard

·
Premium Member
7,469 Posts
Richard
Cant you mount the servo further back under the floor and maybe put a raised bit under the seat for it to sit up into.judt make a long pushrod from pedal.

Ive done that on our 33 and that sits on the floor.used a seven inch servo.brakes are fine..ill see if i have a picture later

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Would it not be possible to mount a servo/ master cylinder under the dash crossways with a suitable linkage to the brake pedal. I am sure that I have seen this sort of setup on here

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
I would have thought that some one on here would have come up with something like this before now us a standard servo dual master cylinder. The slave might have to be made possibly using seals from a clutch slave cylinder. Something like this can be bought from Revington TR though bloody expensive.

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
I would have thought that some one on here would have come up with something like this before now us a standard servo dual master cylinder. The slave might have to be made possibly using seals from a clutch slave cylinder. Something like this can be bought from Revington TR though bloody expensive.
Doesn't that negate the whole reason for having dual circuit brakes, if you were going to do that you may as well just use a single circuit system with one of the readily available Girling or Lockheed remote servos, a failure on the single master cylinder would result in total brake failure.

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Doesn't that negate the whole reason for having dual circuit brakes, if you were going to do that you may as well just use a single circuit system with one of the readily available Girling or Lockheed remote servos, a failure on the single master cylinder would result in total brake failure.
This way you only have one pipe that can fail for failure of the whole system rather than a lot of pipes that can fail with a single servo system. This setup is basically the same as if you were to use the Revington TR or SVC dual servo system, on both these systems you use a single pipe system to the servo.
If I were to use this setup I would run the single pipe inside the car as much as possible.

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
This way you only have one pipe that can fail for failure of the whole system rather than a lot of pipes that can fail with a single servo system. This setup is basically the same as if you were to use the Revington TR or SVC dual servo system, on both these systems you use a single pipe system to the servo
The S-V-C (Iruna) servo is a dual circuit servo so it still provides a true dual circuit braking system, I'm fairly sure that these servos are OK for the SVA/BIVA test which stipulates brakes must be dual circuit.

It's not clear but you can see the pipes in this installation:

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
The S-V-C (Iruna) servo is a dual circuit servo so it still provides a true dual circuit braking system, I'm fairly sure that these servos are OK for the SVA/BIVA test which stipulates brakes must be dual circuit.

It's not clear but you can see the pipes in this installation

The cylinder at the back of the servo nearest the bulkhead is the slave cylinder which I am sure only has one pipe going to it. So for this to work this cylinder needs pressure from a single master cylinder. The cylinder at the front is the dual cylinder with 1 pipe going to the front brakes via the t piece and one pipe going to the rear brakes. Now think that the third pipe along the bulkhead goes to fluid reservoir for the dual cylinder.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts