Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just wanted to know what you thought as I thought this wouldn't be able to happen, I was watching a vid on YouTube that have got a twin turbo setup on a stock internal setup this was the vid if want to look at it. Ls1 twin turbo Holden hg first dyno tune LS1 twin turbo Holden HG first dyno tune - YouTube hopefully link should work if this is possible on stock ls1 then is a good engine to possibly have to save for

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they are playing it safe...

See what hot rod magazine got out of a LQ4 (Steel blocked LS) http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=7879.0

I'm putting a twin turbo LQ4 in my latest project... should be fun :D
Yer as like says there first run. Are you putting forage internals in it or stock and can you run a turbo setup on stock but just have the psi lower on the turbos or would it still blow the engine apart

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yer as like says there first run. Are you putting forage internals in it or stock and can you run a turbo setup on stock but just have the psi lower on the turbos or would it still blow the engine apart
I'm a bit new to the turbo game but my plan is to run it stock to start with (apart from rod bolts) on low boost and once I get used to it then strip it and change the cam and add a bit more boost (not as much as Hot Rod magazine). The LQ4 is supposed to be very strong to start with and if it goes bang then just get another one. Cheap as chips, cost me £1200 for a complete cut out engine including ECU, loom and sensors and another £450 to get it shipped from the states :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spannerpete that looks brill that link is that what your thinking of doing then would love to here the outcome of it and how much you end up paying out as would love to do that myself would be well happy with 500hp as a street strip car and if all it is is to up the psi then sorted lol.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a bit new to the turbo game but my plan is to run it stock to start with (apart from rod bolts) on low boost and once I get used to it then strip it and change the cam and add a bit more boost (not as much as Hot Rod magazine). The LQ4 is supposed to be very strong to start with and if it goes bang then just get another one. Cheap as chips, cost me £1200 for a complete cut out engine including ECU, loom and sensors and another £450 to get it shipped from the states :tup:
Nice one mate sounds good keep me informed how it goes then would be good to see power figures once all set up

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nice one mate sounds good keep me informed how it goes then would be good to see power figures once all set up
Early days and a lot of learning to do...

I'm going to put a Megasquirt system on as well as I like the idea of DIY tunning. MS3 LSX Plug and Play | EFI SourceEFI Source

The Yanks are getting great power from these engines, just google "turbo LQ4" and they still get 30mpg in a 2 ton truck :D

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds good mate just been looking. Really want engine like that now. Just need to buy car with a setup to take the power aswell though as will cost abit getting to handle it all won't it.

·
Administrator
10,032 Posts
That's a really good price I reckon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts