Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know, I recently took back possession of my old FED which was based on two historic cars, Sids Destiny 1 and Whitmore's Drag N Fly. The chassis is from Destiny and the engine from Drag N Fly.

Anyway, cutting a long story short, the engine hasn't ben run properly for a gazillion years and needed new injection equipment....plus several other parts which have now all come together.

Here's a couple of short vids to show the engine running. Methanol is what we're using although Nitro will come into the mix when we get out and do some tuning. Lots more to do til we get to the track as you will see by the unfinished works on the rail but getting the motor to run so nicely after such a long hibernation is a delight and gives me loads of enthusiasm to get it finished.

Hope you enjoyed them, more to come as we go on.....

·
Registered
398 Posts
nice one

its about time you did something good picks sh.. camera man was he nervous or did he need a drink hope you are all well and hope to see you soon derek

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
ACE!!!.....

notice you didnt need easy start this time?....:pmsl:

twisters sister hey?....:D

Sid.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Brilliant Andy,Bloody Brilliant !,Bry

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
its about time you did something good picks sh.. camera man was he nervous or did he need a drink hope you are all well and hope to see you soon derek
cheeky git lol they are vidioes derek click on them and they come to life lol but the sound is very low so turn your computer volume right up:smoke:

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Chaps. I can't wait to get this thing finished, I'm a lot more hype'd about it than the T to be honest. The engine feels really strong and should give decent numbers but the slingshot experience should be different again from the T.

·
Wild Willie Fadster
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome Andy! Your neighbours must love you. :)
Now get it finished and crack on with that altered! ;)
All in good time Gav, got the bonneville thing to do yet with the T but I'm always on the lookout for that KB block to start the Altered build.

Wayne, I know fuckall about Nitro myself, all my learning is from Hilary Hilborn who is giving great advise on the meth tune and her techie says he can help with the jetting for nitro.

As for the rest....seat of my pants I'm afraid :D

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
:pmsl: I learnt this year that after a run , the first things Nitro cars do is take the plugs out. Evidentley if you dont and someone tries to push / tow the car in gear KABOOM !!!!!!:shake:
Fuel still in the cylinders!!!!!!!
I think thats why they are always started on Methanol , starting on "the stuff" is a no,no:shake:

Make sure you have shit loads of Methanol , you will need it:tup:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Can't wait until January...!!!

:tup:

Love the last bit of dialogue on the last video...!!!

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
Point is, where do you get it from, mine's all gone...or should I say Sids is all gone :shocked:
no it isnt!!!.....:twisted:

see me.. ;)

Sid.

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Ian if the Glossop Muppet does'nt want it let me know,(the little fat *unt)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts