Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep naging fellow Rattlersuk members Dave & Frank that they should put their cars on here, as they both deserve a wider audience. So armed with photos i took today, here they are.
Not a good one, but this is the best pic i have of Daves pickup before it was stripped down for paint, just been blasted in guards red.

Dont have a before pic of Franks Austin Caimbridge, but he bought it bog standard in black. Now the twin carb 1800 is in, & paint is now done, it will look pretty dam cool when its fitted with the whitewalls & 50's yank style hub caps. both cars were painted by Steve.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Prefect cut down I would say...........

John
Yup, your right. I cant remember exactly what the car is, hopefully Dave will see this & jog my memory. but it had the back cut of, & thats the back panel of an old Morris minnor pickup grafted on. & your right a very neet job it is two. Other spec bits i do no is the the front is HA Viva, & the back is Ford Anglia driven by a 1600 pinto with 5 speed box.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yup, your right. I cant remember exactly what the car is, hopefully Dave will see this & jog my memory. but it had the back cut of, & thats the back panel of an old Morris minnor pickup grafted on. & your right a very neet job it is two. Other spec bits i do no is the the front is HA Viva, & the back is Ford Anglia driven by a 1600 pinto with 5 speed box.
Yes John & Dave, you're both correct in recognising it as a Prefect (of 1952 vintage). The back part (well at least the top section) is as Dave has stated, a Morris Minor cab back which has been made to fit the lines of the Prefect bodyshell. And he's correct on the other counts too, but there's no prize in this contest - lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.