Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo seemingly I can get a machine for fitting tyres for about 90 quid - Sealey effort, various suppliers. Then for about another 50 or so, a cone spinner thing for balancing. At the costs I've been paying lately, and given that I'm considering using part worn tyres on my daily car next time in needs 'em and that I may buy some new wheels for the AMC etc this kit could pay for itself fairly quickly.

I have changed tyres for a job - long time ago, using a "proper" machine - but they cost 2K upwards - anyone used one of these "cheapies" and are they any good - or would it just be a waste of money as I'd have to go to the pros anyway?

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I have not seem them, how do you put the tyre on with a bar that you put on edge of wheel and tyre on top , then walk around the wheel so the bar follows you . If that makes sence . I use to use one a long time ago an old manual one no good for nice wheels. Also do said machine break the tyre beads for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Buy yerself 2 x 20" spoon levers and a bead chisel - you'll be able to fit any tyre onto any rim that you like - easy peasy on steel wheels, and on ally's just go carefull and get a couple of rim guards to go under the levers........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts