Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had a set of new wheels fitted to the daily and had a TPMS system fitted

seemed a good idea as it tell's you tyre pressures and also tyre temperature

would this work on dragsters and all other race cars as tyre pressures and temperatures are crucial

Or am I naieve and everyone allready has one:smoke:Jeff

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
got one on the transit...if the steering goes heavy pump the tyres up..:D

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
just had a set of new wheels fitted to the daily and had a TPMS system fitted

seemed a good idea as it tell's you tyre pressures and also tyre temperature

would this work on dragsters and all other race cars as tyre pressures and temperatures are crucial

Or am I naieve and everyone allready has one:smoke:Jeff
you can buy valves and set the pressure on them as the tyre gets hot and the pressure increases the valve drops the pressure to the set rate

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Technology A

I must livin in a differant world

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,056 Posts
Currently being discussed as being made mandatory on all new cars from 2012.

I'm thinking of getting ahead of the game and inventing an arse wiping machine:shake:

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts
Currently being discussed as being made mandatory on all new cars from 2012.

I'm thinking of getting ahead of the game and inventing an arse wiping machine:shake:
oooo,can i have one in chrome..???

seriously if you cant chenge a tyre or check your pressures you should be on a bus...it makes my piss boil when work mates admit to not knowing how to change wheels..and if you know where i work the engineers should be able to do that..:wanker:,all of them...

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
When we went to the States in 2008 for Bonneville Speedweek we had a Ford Exploder rental car that was fitted with tyre pressure sensors. Worked a treat when we had a puncture, light came on, then started flashing. Pulled over, put the spare on and off we set. Two minutes later, warning light comes on again. Check all the tyres. Nothing wrong. Light still on. Then started flashing again. Everytime we stopped we checked the tyres. Still nothing wrong. Light on the dashboard still flashing like a demented belisha beacon. I eventually blanked it out with some insulating tape I blagged from a service station. Guy there was very helpful, explained that the spare has no provision to transmit the pressure. I wonder how much that saves Ford? :wanker:

·
Registered
149 Posts
When we went to the States in 2008 for Bonneville Speedweek we had a Ford Exploder rental car that was fitted with tyre pressure sensors. Worked a treat when we had a puncture, light came on, then started flashing. Pulled over, put the spare on and off we set. Two minutes later, warning light comes on again. Check all the tyres. Nothing wrong. Light still on. Then started flashing again. Everytime we stopped we checked the tyres. Still nothing wrong. Light on the dashboard still flashing like a demented belisha beacon. I eventually blanked it out with some insulating tape I blagged from a service station. Guy there was very helpful, explained that the spare has no provision to transmit the pressure. I wonder how much that saves Ford? :wanker:
renaults have a similar system,they seem to come on and off at random intervals,thats a load of kak too!!!,utter shite:tdown:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts