Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deviant
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at some 20"x10" rims for old Henry

I want the tires to be low low low profile as low as they go

Am I looking for the right thing If I put in the search 225 width I want them to be slightly stretched but not dangerous

Who would be the best people to deal with? who have you guys used?

Am asking for a really odd ball thing it seems they are hard to find in the uk

Thanks in advance

Gary

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Too stretched is dangerous and looks ridiculous imho. I have 10x20's with 295's on and anything smaller would start to get stretched to a point where it would look wrong.
You can get as low as 30 and 25 profile(remember this is a percentage of the width) but you may as well not have tyres and any potholes will fuck the rims immediately.
Decide on the full diameter of tyre and wheel you want and work it out from there.

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-finder/summer-tyres-285-30-r20

Check there too...

·
Deviant
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too stretched is dangerous and looks ridiculous imho. I have 10x20's with 295's on and anything smaller would start to get stretched to a point where it would look wrong.
You can get as low as 30 and 25 profile(remember this is a percentage of the width) but you may as well not have tyres and any potholes will fuck the rims immediately.
Decide on the full diameter of tyre and wheel you want and work it out from there.

Summer Tyres 285/30 R20 » Oponeo.co.uk

Check there too...
Thanks Ross That's a great site :tup:

10" 254 mm so what is 295 and why would it look steched on a 10" rim?

sorry for the dumb questions every day is a school day

·
Registered
376 Posts
My camaro has 20 x 10 rears and have Pirelli 295 x 30 (could be 35 not sure without checking for sure but apparently they are standard on jag xkr's), anyway, I bought them brand new on fleabay from a power seller because they were half the price than getting them from any shop in my local area, then had them fitted locally. Cheers, smiffy

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Gary, a 10" rim is actually nearer 11.5" to the outside edges. The rim width is measured between the seating beads. If your sidewalls are leaning in towards the tread at all it looks bad. If you are going lower than a 40 profile on anything under 295's there is limited give in the sidewalls anyway so they will be trying to fall off the bead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts