Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a pair of rear tyres to suit my 60s Gasser. Ideally something like:
295/60-15 or anything else that will squeeze on a 8"x15" steel rim.
Will consider period style cross-plys such as 8.00 or 8.20 x 15 or DOT drag tyres upto 29/12.50-15 (about the max I can go)
Anyone got any cheater slicks?
Will consider a (cheap) pair of 235/75-15 s , just to get me rolling and to the nationals this month!!
Would also be interested in complete wheels and tyres of suitable period style such as slots or torque thrusts to fit 4.75 PCD JAG/CHEVY pattern.

pm me with what you have and location and phone number. Cheers, guys :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Got some 255/70/15" set of 4 pm me your number if interested. Thanks Chris. Just thought I'm going to Colchester on Thursday.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still looking for some suitable tyres. Think I've now defined 'suitable' as soft compound street legal-ish competition tyres after driving it on my brothers borrowed cross-plys (only ever driven it on hurst slicks before)..... Thanks for some of the offers, but not willing to pay close to the same price for used road tyres that I can buy new Hoosiers or Mickey T's(admittedly having to import them myself and wait for them to arrive) .....Oh, and 295/60/15s are manufacturer specified to fit on an 8" rim (minimum rim width)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts