Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a set of 4 u-bolts for a 3" axle case but they need to be 9" long, any traders on here got anything in stock?

Or any one able to recommend someone?

Thanks

Gotzy

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
9" long ?

Thats quite long mate, Ive just fitted a set round my 9" so 3" tubes but there not 9" long

The ones i got are 6'5" long but they do ones that are 1" longer so around 7.5" but fit 9 leaf Land rover springs

just an example https://www.connectstores.com/lr/sp_2733.html

item C 624028

There are 2 types per axle and the difference is one is squared off on the end but that one is slightly longer

as i say mine are for the 9 leaf springs so the 11 leaf u bolts should be a tad longer and at the price that they are new its not worth messing with :tup:

I hope that i havent confused things too much :tup:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah they are long, 3" spring pack, 3" axle, 1/2" bottom plate, 1" for nuts and washers, 1" for axle mount pads and we're at 8 1/2" so just went for 9" to allow 1/2" flexibilty for the pads to get the wheel where we want in the arch.

Any idea how long the rounded ones for the 11 packs are?

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
This is the 9 leaf spring so they are only thin

And this is the slightly longer but squared off U bolt for the 9 leaf, the thread was totally past the plate where as the normal ones have the thread still visible on the other side and still have 1/2" of thread out the nut

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorted, JackHammer hotrods stocks 10" ones with 6" of thread, £5 each for future reference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts