Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
formerly litig8r
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

To all UK owners and enthusiasts of Ford Motor Company's idiosyncratic masterpiece: I have started a Facebook group (imaginatively titled the UK Edsel Group).

Search us out and ask to join, I will add you. The Group is for UK content only please, and genuine enthusiasts only. If you want to slag Edsels off, that's fine, but do it here, not on the Facebook page :)

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
atm above my budget, but than again, most cars will be. but indeed, compared to cars from same era edsels aint that overpriced. for now i have to do with the beaten up but in good technical nick 1980 buick regal. just bought it, like it alot

·
formerly litig8r
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just bumping this. We have a dozen or so cars, but after the initial rush it has dried up a bit. I am 100% certain there are at least another dozen cars out there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A girl called Alison in Cheltenham was something to do with it about 8 yrs ago when i had my villager, she had a ranger and there is a guy up the road from me somewhere who has a 2 door 59.
dont know where my villager went though, cracking car...

·
Care in the Community
2,763 Posts
A girl called Alison in Cheltenham was something to do with it about 8 yrs ago when i had my villager, she had a ranger and there is a guy up the road from me somewhere who has a 2 door 59.
dont know where my villager went though, cracking car...
Alison's still got her '59 although she's no longer in Cheltenham.
Your old Wagon is still in storage awaiting restoration, which I believe may we'll be starting soon.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Alison's still got her '59 although she's no longer in Cheltenham.
Your old Wagon is still in storage awaiting restoration, which I believe may we'll be starting soon.
Just found this post and it is helping me with the history on my 59 Ranger that I now know belonged to a Alison from Cheltenham
One of the last owners of mine was a Alison (but with different surname ) from Exeter
All I know is mine was at a bodyshop nr Plymouth for years having restoration work done and the couple that owned it tried in vein to get it up and running before the lady passed away but it never happened
I have breifly contacted the other partner who was the one that put me onto the bodyshop in Plymouth that had the missing trim but dont want to intrude any futher as the whole experiance is still devastating to him
I would be gratefull if anybody has any history or photos of its time in the UK I know that Alison used to tow a caravan to the shows I still have the towbar

Thanks
Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts