Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Un popular

here's what i'm up to, ford pop. will be fenderless, channal'd, n chopped when finished, 2lt ford v4, 4 speed bullet box. mk2 consul rear end on standerd pop suspension, pop beem up front on stock spring etc but fitted with a disc brake conversion. steel wheels allround, whitewall crossplies.

·
N.H.R.C.
1952 Ford Anglia. Ford 351Windsor & C4 auto. 10 bolt Chevy rear, front axle using 37-41 spindles
591 Posts
good luck with the build ian:tup:,should be interesting.
keep the pics coming

·
fat rotbox rodder
5,805 Posts
i like the sound of this car .a couple of years ago i drew a channelled and sectioned pop with standard roof hieght.the idea was to remove the bottom 6 inches of the car below the bottom door hinges and move the rear wheelwells up to the swage line under the rear quarter windows and run fenderless .the idea was the front wheels would be level with the top of the bonnet and the rear wheels would be level with the bottom of the rear quarter windows.alas it was only a drawing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
often nature will take care of removing the bottom six inches of the body for you. There's a cool looking one slightly similar to what you're planning on ebay at the moment. item no. 250531261298

·
Registered
935 Posts
Keep us updated Ian, it sounds like a cool project. I can learn from any mistakes you make for when I start my pop:tup:
Dave

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the comments ppl im still after parts before i can start putting the thing together (see below) but im hopefull it wont take to long to all screw up once i get going.... oh and it will all be done out in the open as ive no garage or shelter for it! i have an out building though so i can do some work in doors but once it starts going together things could and will get wet!!

dave you know you wont learn anything worth a salt from me, your work is top notch:tup:

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Mr Un popular

up-date... no up-date really still collecting bits, decided to use a jago tube axle up front. i plan to narrow 6" to use the stock pop front spring. but mounted behind the tube! as luck would have it, narrowing it and still keeping the axle mounts for the old jago spring it ends up the same width as the rear axle.. how lucky is that:tup: the chassis will now be boxed as dvla now allows this to be done, but i'm now holding off working on it till i get the roof and doors on the garage

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts

interesting choice of engine, they must be getting thin on the ground? gonna look good when its done,:tup:

·
Registered
732 Posts

I love fenderless Pops!Good luck with the build.Looking forward to up-dates,when your garage is done,of course!
Mark.

·
Pop Loving Mad Welsh Fool
161 Posts
Any updates on this :tup:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Where do these pop bodys keep turning up,,,,just when you think there are none left another one "pops" up(very bad joke) sorry ;-)Andy

·
Premium Member
14,309 Posts
those v4's are fine. like a york diesel also in a mk1 transit, when they're good they're good. but when they're bad.........oh dear. look at it this way you won't have to cut the bulkhead to fit it!

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi matrix, been no updates on the pop for a while now other than i've moved everything in to its new home :tup: ive put the project on hold till i get the walls built on my new garage! but i will be hitting it hard over the winter to make sure ive got something on the road for next season and will pickup the thread once i start the build....

ian

·
Pop Loving Mad Welsh Fool
161 Posts
Thanks for the update Ian I will keep my eye open come winter time :tup:

Mike aka Matrix

1 - 20 of 411 Posts