Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Night Diver was originally built by Mick Wood in 1977 after taking the truck on the Custom Car trips to both Holland and Paris Mick sold the truck
in either late '79 or early '80 I spoke to him yesterday and he not only doesn't remember exactly when he sold it, he doesn't recall who too or for how much ??

We only know that nobody ever seems to have seen it since ?

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ifor Morris PM'd this little nugget, thanks Ifor.

hi, rus.
just googled "night diver" and came across your pics.
this little moggy used to belong to my brother, john morris.
i can remember it used to be green.
john owned her when we lived in ruislip, middlesex between 1977-1978.
the next time he saw her was in the custom car mag.
i phoned him to tell about the pics, & he told me it was one of the best, and he was sorry to see her go.
john still lives in ruislip and would like to know what ever happend to her.

if you have any questions please ask.

thanks again
Ifor.

Ive updated the header to credit your brother, any early pics?

Thanks
Russ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi rus.
spoke to john over the weekend and asked about some pics sadly he has none.
john also told me he bought her for £300 and later swopped her for a 1600e cortina.
that`s all i can help you with for the time being sorry.
all the best
ifor.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And then recieved this.....

Hi Russ
Spoke to Mick Wood today truck was originally green when he got it (I didnt remember?) and was knackered Mick put in the engine and auto box did the body work and painted it, wheels etc etc Mick at the time was obsessed with diving hence Night Diver. He does now remember selling it to somebody in Ham in Surrey but still no other details as he's just off to bike week that will kill his remaining brain cells so I don't expect he'll remember anything else.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Used to see it it Ham ,Surrey for a few years and it was under a tarp in a yard back then , pretty sure it was scrap by then late 80s ,yard was cleared 20 odd years ago

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
used to see it it ham ,surrey for a few years and it was under a tarp in a yard back then , pretty sure it was scrap by then late 80s ,yard was cleared 20 odd years ago
thats sad...

·
Registered
266 Posts
This was in a garage in whitton middx for a while use to see it I'm sure it was around 20 years ago 93/94 May be longer ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Taxed until 92

1 - 14 of 14 Posts