Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

On my way back from holiday last friday i pulled into Rownhams services on the M27 for a break, during the time i was there this motorbike parked up.

I know very little about bikes and to be honest they are not really my thing, however there was something about this one that just pulled you towards it like a magnet for a better look.

It appears to be running on air suspension, had a big fuel injected V-twin in it (although i don't think it was a Harley).

The finish and attention to detail was outstanding.

Anyway, i grabbed a few pics and thought i would post them up.

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
872 Posts
You're right, it's probably not a Harley - you can buy crate motors built by a variety of manufacturers which are virtually outright copies. I guess you could call it the two-wheeled equivalent of a street rod - owing its heritage to a traditional custom bike, but stuffed full of high-tech and bling.

Not really my own personal taste, but not a bad example of its genre though, it's got some nice lines and a decent stance, I can see why it interested you. And fair do's to the guy for actually riding it on the motorway too - it's a shame when some of them are bought by biking gold-chainers and only ever get polished on the drive and wobbled around the block occasionally.....

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're right, it's probably not a Harley - you can buy crate motors built by a variety of manufacturers which are virtually outright copies. I guess you could call it the two-wheeled equivalent of a street rod - owing its heritage to a traditional custom bike, but stuffed full of high-tech and bling.

Not really my own personal taste, but not a bad example of its genre though, it's got some nice lines and a decent stance, I can see why it interested you. And fair do's to the guy for actually riding it on the motorway too - it's a shame when some of them are bought by biking gold-chainers and only ever get polished on the drive and wobbled around the block occasionally.....
Hi Shedster,

I did speak to the owner very briefly (he only stopped for a pee break). It is his fair weather daily, he was on his way home to Winchester from his work in Salisbury and bikes daily to work although he has another bike for the bad weather.

Cheers.

Russ.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts